Guys, I need help because of a book...

_Pyriel's Avatar _Pyriel11/24/18 5:08 pm history
4 emeralds 422 8
2/2/2019 6:57 am
_Pyriel's Avatar _Pyriel
Hey guys, [Vous pouvez répondre en français/You can answer in french]

so on a Minecraft French Server I really love (it's called HypariaMC), there's a problem on the Creative Server : somebody had the great idea to share an inappropriate book we now want to remove from the server.

Anyway, me, some other players and Hyparia's Staff are trying our best to make this book definitely leave the server, but we currently can't find the guy wo made this book, due to the author's name edition, so it seems compromised.

However, a couple of years ago, I did a little prank with a book (you click on a text = it makes you say "potato") that had another author name, but the player who took the book told me he had a software that allowed him to find the true owner -me-.

So, do you guys have an idea about something like that, or at least something helpful ?
_Pyriel
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/02/2019 6:57 am
_Pyriel
Still someone there ?
12/11/2018 12:24 pm
_Pyriel
Still searching for some help, don't want this post to die !
11/30/2018 8:28 pm
Level 27 : Expert Skinner
ImYourEnder
What you could do is clear written books from everyone's inventories, I would recommending doing it a few times every day.

The command would be /clear @a minecraft:written_book but if that doesn't work try

/minecraft:clear @a minecraft:written_book
12/01/2018 1:05 pm
_Pyriel
I'm sorry, but I can easily guess it won't be a good idea :

1. The author could be in 1.12 or have anything that could load the book on his slotbar.

2. Even if it's working, it could be really annoying for players...

What else ?
11/27/2018 3:07 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
XonicStudios
I think to find the owner of the book you would need to go through their inventory history, and see who had the book first, Each item has something called an ID so that book has one :) Hooe this helps
11/28/2018 5:45 amhistory
_Pyriel
Mmmh, not a bad idea, but the book is on the server since a while, and we may fail and not find the good person. I'll tell the staff your idea, but if you have another idea, I ain't against it ^^

Edit : I just thinked about the huge amount of players that have logged in the server, damn it's probably too big !
11/28/2018 3:16 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
XonicStudios
I meant check the history of the BOOK, That way you don’t need to search all the history
11/30/2018 6:00 pmhistory
_Pyriel
Of the book ? How do we check the owner history of a book ?!

That's exactly what I want to know sp if we really can, then tell me how !

Edit 1 : I read the upper part again, I'll search about items ID.
Edit 2 : Actually, two different written books have the same ID, so it's not really going to help, I guess. Still searching that way to find book's true author.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome