I have been hacked!

OnlyOnePunch's Avatar OnlyOnePunch10/4/14 4:13 pm
1 emeralds 2.3k 22
10/5/2014 12:41 am
bigf's Avatar bigf
Hey guys! It's me Mature, and just about 2 years ago, my Minecraft account had gotten hacked! By two people named ( -snip- and -snip- ).
The weird thing is, many of you guys will probably say, RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
Well, the thing is, I can't because I forgot my Email password! My Email is MatureDragon123@gmail.com, and I created this Email about a few years ago, so i guess it is a bit obvious that I would not still remember my password. So my account got hacked, and I can not reset my password...
Another thing that people suggested is that I contact Mojang, but of course they will ask me for my credit card payments, and everything, but I do not still have my 25 letter code after I purchased my Minecraft account. I searched various ways for help, and none of the ideas actually worked. If you guys could reply, and help in some way, thank you!
OnlyOnePunch
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Allergy_Man
10/04/2014 8:14 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
dablogguyyumwww.planetminecraft.com/forums/post3258140.html#p3258140 this says you need staff for your server, obviously, your account is not hacked.
#plottwist
David5886
10/04/2014 8:04 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
You didn't keep your purchase confirmation stuff, when you buy Minecraft, they will email you an email that has all of that, if you cant get into your email, or you deleted it, there is nothing Mojang can do, you should have kept that information safe! Plus, you didn't get hacked, someone probably figured out/or got your password.
anonpmc1534946
10/04/2014 6:50 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
KJP12
10/04/2014 8:51 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
Finding a password is about the same as hacking.
creeperinmyhouse
10/04/2014 9:06 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Necromancer
your kidding right...
Azie
10/04/2014 9:02 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Not even close.

Finding someone's password is usually as simple as knowing them well enough. I can guess my mom's and boyfriend's passwords because I know them, but that doesn't make me a hacker.
KJP12
10/04/2014 11:20 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
I put it in here to make it shorter feeling.
Maybe can be close, because some may use the password for wrong doing to the player, like making then banned, before they even join the server. So people, who are bad, knowing the password can make the one's account that they know banned from every server known to Minecraft, which will take a long time. That can be something bad. And I really do mean bad. Also, they can use that account to get, like for instance, Etho (on youtube: EthosLab), if somehow they know the password for him, they can get onto the Mindcrack Server (which by the way, is white listed people only), and frame him for griefing everything, making him unable to get on the server for a long time(unless they rolled back.) That is how bad things can get, if the bad guys somehow knew someone's password. If they use a hack client (I'm not going to give name), it will be much more worst, making the player to be perma-banned for flying. Also, they can also change the password for Etho to something like 12345 (which by the way is a bad password), if Etho doesn't use the Mojang account type. Thats how bad things can get, and possibly worst. I'm just saying.
Azie
10/04/2014 11:50 pm
I'm not doubting that having someone's password can cause damage to their account, but hacking isn't just "this person knows my password and did bad things". Guessing a password and using technical knowledge to brute force someone's account details are not even close to being the same. The first is by far the more common of the two and is extremely easy to avoid, assuming you create safe passwords and don't download any suspicious files.

Stuff About Password Security That Was Kind of Long
Passwords containing symbols/caps/lowercase/numbers theoretically protect you from programs designed to brute force your password because there are more character types for the computer to guess, but these kinds of passwords are easier for people to guess since Monkey:1234 isn't a complex password in terms of it containing a common password term, common sequence of numbers, and logical placement of a colon. Since this method isn't used as commonly as just guessing someone's password by using basic knowledge about the person and a list of common password phrases, it doesn't make sense to create passwords this way. Creating a password by coming up with 3-4 random words is not only much harder for anyone to guess, but often easier to remember. Not even your parents are going to guess "albinomoleratridingabatteryostrich" is your password for your e-mail account.
funny bunny
10/05/2014 12:37 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
You came awfully close to guessing my password with that example one... And I'm changing right now :p
Leeberator
10/04/2014 6:29 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
So you didn't keep your order number, account info, or email account password safe?

Sorry man, it's time to get a new account if you haven't already. This time make sure to keep your order number, and change your passwords periodically. I bought Minecraft over two years ago, and I have my order number, my brother's order number, my dad's order number, and my alt's order number all kept safe in a password-protected Word document, backed up several places. I suggest you do the same.
Eria8
10/04/2014 6:25 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Modder
Try hypnotherapy to remember it.
Then again, you could save a hundred bucks and just buy a new copy.
It's not whoever hacked you who's at fault for you not being able to play.
It's your own fault for not remembering a password that's easy enough for someone else to guess...
There's no way on earth you haven't gotten $27 in the past 2 years to just buy a new one...
ASF
10/04/2014 6:02 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Just earn some money and buy a new one.
sso2
10/04/2014 5:59 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pig
wait, everything has a Forgot my password, So why dosent email?
bigf
10/05/2014 12:41 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
Because if you forget your password they send a notification to your email
Dominos
10/04/2014 6:03 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Fisherman
Because, if you forget a passwor you get emailed a code or something to verify your changing it, or remembering it. So, where would the email go to if you forget your email password?
Racerman2001
10/04/2014 6:34 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I would say get a backup email account for this.
On the topic of being hacked, I'm not sure what you should do, assuming your confirmation email is sent to the email address you're trying to change the password of.
funny bunny
10/04/2014 4:50 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
The fact that it is gmail is really helpful. It's really easy to get back into gmail accounts. All you need is a frequently email contact or your phone number to get back in. I'm assuming that you don't have a recovery email because you can't get back into it.
Azie
10/04/2014 4:30 pm
If you can't get into the associated e-mail and you don't have the code given to you when you purchased the account, I'm afraid you're out of luck there. Mojang can't help you if you can't prove account ownership.
CommanderNeville
10/04/2014 4:22 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Paladin
If all else fails, buy another account.
dablogguyyum
10/04/2014 4:21 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
You just said you don't have any way to get it back, and 2 years ago and blacklisting us against the rules, most likely your minecraft password is your email password, you already said you forgot it, so it is out there, next you said you can't remeber your letter code, so your basically screwed, unless your account got played on after 1.6.2, which was when UUID's came out search up fishbans and type in your username to see when you got banned, your UUID should appear there.

If that doesn't work, I'm sorry man.

To what Da Creepa11 said, he just joined PMC today, he most likely just found pmc today.

EDiT: post3258140.html#p3258140 this says you need staff for your server, obviously, your account is not hacked.
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
10/04/2014 8:25 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
^^^^^^^^^

How do you need staff for your server if your account is hacked? How are you going to make them staff? Why do you need them if you can't get on to ACTUALLY make them staff?
Da Creepa11
10/04/2014 4:19 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Creeper
The strange thing is, this was two tears ago, you tell us now.
PS Maybe try resending the Email or if not, well possibly Gg ,.;..;.,
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome