Help! 2!

AstroB's Avatar AstroB11/21/19 12:53 am
1 emeralds 211 4
11/22/2019 5:40 am
AstroB's Avatar AstroB
I do not know how to use .rar files for world saves, and I want a map that utilises .rar. How do I use them?

Thanks in Adance,
AstroB
AstroB
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/22/2019 1:16 amhistory
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
I'm not sure what you mean here. When Minecraft saves a world, it saves several folders and a few different file types, most common of which are .dat files.
The only time a .rar file would become involved is if you are using a backup program to backup your world, and quite often, because they are more commonly used, the preferred backup file is a .zip
For example, the Aroma backup mod which can be found here :
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/aromabackup
it also needs this dependancy mod :
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/aroma1997core

This can be set to backup your minecraft world after a set period of time that you choose, 1 minute, 1 hour, etc. You can change many settings in the config file. The default location of the backups is in a folder called 'backup' and it will save a .zip file containing your enitre world, which can be unzipped and put back into the 'saves' directory if your old save goes corrupt, or someone causes griefing.
I'm not aware of a mod that uses the .rar format, if that is your required option, but I suppose if you look around, you'll probably find one somewhere, but .zip files get the job done just as well as a .rar file would.
11/21/2019 3:53 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Brorkh
Linux: unrar x <rar-File>
11/21/2019 3:40 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
world saves are just folders with certain files inside them. Literally extract the rar file
11/22/2019 5:40 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
AstroB
Thx
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome