Help! I'm Scared of Caves!

CurlyBracePlays's Avatar CurlyBracePlays8/8/14 10:16 pm
1 emeralds 2.7k 6
8/8/2014 11:35 pm
Lilyrawr's Avatar Lilyrawr
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I'm scared to explore caves. This is why I prefer to go strip mining. But most of the time when I try that, I end up running into a cave. The real reason I am afraid to go into caves is the mobs popping suddenly out of darkness. It just scares me so much! Any solutions?
CurlyBracePlays
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Lilyrawr
08/08/2014 11:35 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
What I did was turn it to peaceful when I went mining, its not like it helped though because every single time I find diamonds without fail (i usually fall in lava when i get scared by mobs) I still fall in lava >_<
ItzDaBeastly
08/08/2014 11:31 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ohh man this brings me back into the good old days when i was so scared to go outside that i would stay inside all night because i didn't have a bed XD but now i have faced my fear because the real reason i was scared was because i had the character alive for like almost 4 months of survival and i didnt want to die XD i ended up falling in lava and i was never scared again
escape9179
08/08/2014 11:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
If you every need a nice friendly place to play survival with your friends, feel free to PM me since I own a small community friendly server. We are always willing to go mining with you or whatever you may need. Just PM me is you'd like to come check it out.
aipoduhfoaifh
08/08/2014 11:09 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Button Pusher
I used to have this problem. Just remember, it's only a game, and if it really bothers you that much, just play on peaceful. What I did was bring a wolf with me when I went caving, that helped
BinaryFission
08/08/2014 11:03 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Yes, I hate monsters >.< when in single player I usually just play on Peaceful mode. Honestly the most I can tell you is when going in a cave, light it up well and turn your screen into third person view, so you can see if they're trying to sneak up on you. If you're on a server, only go mining with other people, preferably on voice chat if you're comfortable with that. That way, you don't have to stop your monster scanning to talk, and there's always someone right there if you need them. Good luck!
Noxyoursox
08/08/2014 10:27 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Spider Rider
I have the same problem (not just in Minecraft either, I dislike "jump scares" in general). Usually I either play in Creative mode, play in survival with mob spawning turned off (so I can starve to death, but the only monsters come from spawners), or switch to Peaceful while underground and back to Normal when I get back to the surface.

If you don't want to cheat or change gamemodes (or if you're playing on a server) keep a stack each of cobble and torches handy while you're making your strip mine. When you break into a cave, first light up everything you can reach, then wall it off with cobble and keep going. Also be careful mining in extreme hills biomes, as you may run into silverfish.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome