Help, starting a server?

mjwalsh's Avatar mjwalsh11/1/12 6:23 pm
11/1/2012 9:28 pm
CGBrothers's Avatar CGBrothers
I'm new to running a server, I have a co-owner who's good with making plug-ins but doesn't have MUCH experience with running huge servers.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to how to get that initial kick start that your server needs to run it? The problem I am having is basically when people come in they play for a while and love the server, but since it's empty most of the time because it's new it's hard to keep people in. Is this something that is solved over time, or do you all have any advice for a new owner?
mjwalsh
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

CGBrothers
11/01/2012 9:28 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
Anytime. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. The odds are that either I know the answer, or I know a person who knows the answer.
mjwalsh
11/01/2012 9:25 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
Thanks for the suggestions.
CGBrothers
11/01/2012 9:06 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
Either you have a server that has such a good storyline and a interesting, addicting theme that wants players to even play it alone because then no other player will hinder them. OR, get as many of your reliable friends as you can, give em mod or some stupid position so they play. They will be the basis of your community.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome