Help with PvP Map redstone

C_is_CREATIVE's Avatar C_is_CREATIVE7/22/14 8:00 pm
1 emeralds 275 7
7/23/2014 5:40 am
Bongotezz's Avatar Bongotezz
Hey guys! So I recently had built this Capture the flag map of mine and am nearly done with it. The only thing holding me back is this weird bug or glitch in the redstone or something.

-When the player dies, they should be teleported back to a spawn. I set it up so they step on a pressure plate linked to a command block that sets the spawnpoint at the coordinate desired.

-The output from the command block states that the spawnpoint for that player has been set for that coordinate.

-Then I tested it out and to my surprise, when I die, I spawn in a random spot and a message shows up saying "looks like your home bed was missing or obstructed"

-I went into MCedit and deleted all the beds in the world (i didn't think I had any to begin with) but to no avail. It still popped up with the same message and I kept spawning in a random location even though the command block said I had set my spawnpoint to a specific coordinate.

Help would be much appreciated on this as this is the only thing holding me back on releasing my map to you guys.

Thanks
C_is_Creative
C_is_CREATIVE
Level 55 : Grandmaster Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2014 5:40 am
Level 21 : Expert Ranger
Bongotezz
The pressure plate might be interfering with the spawn point. Try to set the spawn point near to but not exactly on the pressure plate.
07/23/2014 5:14 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
Well, /spawnpoint works like crap (it never worked well) in 1.7. But I seems to work good for me in 1.8 (the snapshots), so maybe try designing your map in there.

Anyway you can also work with scoreboards:
-Make a scoreboard objective: /scoreboard objective add Deaths deathCount Deaths
-(Hooked up to a clock) /tp @a[score_Death_min=1] x y z and after that /scoreboard players set @a[x=#,y#,z#,r=5,score_Death_min=1] Death 0

the x=, y= and z= needs to be the the coords where you teleport them.
07/22/2014 8:41 pm
C_is_CREATIVE
Thanks for the ideas. I'll give them a try...
07/22/2014 8:38 pm
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop
Or simply check for anyone that is outside the boundaries of the map (everyone outside [insert coords here]) and teleport them to spawn.
07/22/2014 8:37 pm
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop
Just make it so when a player dies they get teleported to the spawn.
I think it's something like creating a hidden scoreboard that monitors their death and when it goes up the player gets tp'ed.
07/22/2014 8:31 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fisherman
mudkip45
I have this same issue with the /spawnpoint command in a minigame map I'm working on, so I guess... Let's wait and see what kind of responses we get XD
07/22/2014 8:23 pm
C_is_CREATIVE
Anyone got ideas?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome