How to customize Resolution on Fullscreen mode?

SpangBab's Avatar SpangBab5/24/20 10:30 am
1 emeralds 6.4k 7
5/26/2020 4:07 pm
anonpmc2747568's Avatar anonpmc2747568
I use linux since Minecraft wouldn't work on windows and I would get 7 fps max (I have a really really bad pc from 2005). But switching to linux helped solve the problem and with optifine I get 30+ fps average, I recently found a resolution I like, my monitor resolution is 1440x900 and I mostly use 1152x720 or something close to that, I find it in the resolution settings, but I can't see my weapons fully since I use a better tools texture pack. I want to use 1202x620 or 1202x720, something close to that. I tried going to Options.txt and change the resolution but it completely ignores it and goes to full resolution (which I can't use since I get 20 fps on it). I mostly use 1.14.4 or 1.15.2 when playing survival with friends, any way to fix this? I have Intel g41 express chipset (yes it's such a bad gpu) and my cpu is an Intel pentium d 3.00 ghz, googling this cpu would no help trust me, it's very irrelevant, idk why but yeah.
SpangBab
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/25/2020 11:13 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
05/26/2020 10:46 am
SpangBab
Thing is, I mostly use 1152x720 since it isn't that stretched like 1152x864 is and looks nice in-game, but I don't like having half of my tool/weapon/item cut off on the screen, I like seeing the whole thing, I might just go windowed or stick to the resolution depending if I'm playing on 1.8.9 or playing survival on 1.15.2, but thanks for the suggestion though!
05/26/2020 4:07 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
05/24/2020 10:46 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
The vanilla Minecraft launcher only has a few preset resolutions available from the menu. I suppose it depends if you are willing to try something different - an alternative launcher called MultiMC available from here : https://multimc.org/

Once you've installed MultiMC, open it up, right-click in the window, choose 'create instance', then choose the version of minecraft you wish to install from the list, give it a name and click ok.

Now look to the right hand column to see 'edit instance'. click on this and you will see the window below. Click on the 'settings' over to the left as indicated then on 'Game Window' as indicated. Put a tick in the 'Game Window' box and over to the right is the game window width and height numbers which you can edit using the up / down arrows, so you can set these to whatever width and height you want - as long as your graphics card can support it.
You will have to enter account details to play and MultiMC will guide you throguh how to do that. This is a safe launcher to use.

05/25/2020 7:31 amhistory
SpangBab
Thank you for the reply and help, but just a question, will it launch minecraft in fullscreen mode with the resolution? I'll still try it out, sorry for the late reply haha.
Edit: What about optifine, I kinda wanna use it for the fps boost since mc isn't playable without it for me.
Edit 2: I solved the optifine problem, it doesn't work on fullscreen though..
05/25/2020 10:08 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
In the screenshot above, just below the 'Game Window' box, is a 'Start Minecraft maximised' box. I've tried that and it didn't work for me. However, starting it in a custom res. and once started, pressing the F11 key worked for me. I suppose it depends on the resolution you are trying.

In case you are doing something different, just throwing the optifine jar file into your mods folder works fine on most versions.
05/26/2020 10:49 am
SpangBab
Yeah it isn't like that for me, it would just go on normal resolution when I press F11, but yeah it's most likely the resolution u use and if your screen/graphics card supports it, thank you for the help though! This actually is useful for me since now I know to install mods and forge in an easier way with the help of MultiMC.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome