How to Download Unix Executables to Minecraft?

Laccase's Avatar Laccase12/14/17 11:20 pm
1 emeralds 206 3
12/15/2017 1:00 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
Hello,

I'm trying to download a map of this building:

https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/1500-west-georgia-modern-apartments/

However, when I open it on my Mac, when I unzip it, it's a Unix executable and not a schematic. I tried putting it in my saves (both zipped and unzipped) and it didn't work. MC-Edit 2 also didn't detect it. Is there a way to fix this?
Laccase
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/14/2017 11:29 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Unix executable? It is most certainly a schematic if you used the "Download Minecraft Map" link.

If you have an executable from that, and not a zip file containing the schematic, you've clicked the wrong link.
12/14/2017 11:30 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Laccase
Well, I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a Mac, but when I click the "Download Minecraft Map" button, it downloads a zip. When I un-zip it, it leads to a Unix executable, and a document. However, the document name ends in .schematic, but for some reason, the Mac automatically deletes that document.
12/15/2017 1:00 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
here's another reason why mac is weird.

Mac might be showing you the actual file and a file it likes to make to store information about files (mac logic, I never bothered to learn it). If possible, I'd try another operating system altogether, but otherwise dunno what to tell ya besides hoping that google has something for ya.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome