How to terraform well in Minecraft 1.14?

misterich's Avatar misterich9/12/19 9:25 am history
2 emeralds 354 5
9/20/2019 11:34 am
joshminer72's Avatar joshminer72
Hi guys;
I have a problem since some years but I reached a point where I do not want to ignore it much longer.
I have a server world and on this world a have a city very close to some ex-binom borders. Before the 1.13 Update I started to terraform that area with mcedit and changed the tundra to a desert by changing the binom to desert and the grass to sand. Than I stopped and a few day later the update was out - the terraforming was not finsihed but mcedit was not able to work anymore. First I stopped my plans to build there until I would have a working mcedit version. After I found out there will not be such a McEdit version I started to learn to work with structure blocks and some ingame coments and terraformed the land by hand; removing the forrest needed weekes.....

Now I built the city; but the new problem; from the harbour you could see terrain generated with th 1.13 version; or 1.14 not sure. Anyways it looks like s***. Now I would really like to expand on the sea to creat here some ships, a ligthhouse, maybe a little coast castle or tower but for this i need to remove the 'wrong land' and terraform it to sea. But there is not McEdit, WorldPainter cannot import this world because of an unexpected error and doing this by hand is not really an option, because it is to much.

So I want to know if anyone has a good idea what I could do now to make this for good. I would be happy if anyone has any good ideas or tools.
Important this is a vanillia server so do not start with mods like WorldEdit - that doesn't help me.

A picture of the problem;
drive.google.com/open?id=14rfJKtwY1J7zBsTt6VD0ShYJJ8iZlWeA
misterich
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/20/2019 11:34 am
Level 1 : New Miner
joshminer72
use world edit, if your on a server download the plugin and if your just using it for your own world download it as a mod on forge
09/18/2019 11:30 pm
Level 44 : Master Network
Star Craft Network
Import world file into a spigot server for the sole purpose of terraforming and use world edit, then once the work is done unload it from your spigot server and reload it as vanilla
09/19/2019 6:12 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect
misterich
Are you 100% sure that his works without getting problems after? I heard a lot about problems if you want to get a bukkit server world back to a vanilla - and it seems so that even the spigot need a bukkit plugin for this, because the World Edit plugin is for a bukkit server
09/19/2019 8:52 pm
Star Craft Network
I will be honest, I dont know 100% for sure but I can tell you that I'm 90% sure it should be fine, infact there is a way to do this WITHOUT damaging your world save file.

so what I would recommend then would be to make a COPY of your world save file. load it onto a spigot server. install Worldedit plugin. get the work you need done finished then TEST to see if you can reinstall that world file as vanilla.

If it works out fine then there ya go

If it doesn't work out then no problem because you edited a COPY not the original

- Cheers

Apexcode1990, Owner and Creator of Star Craft Network
09/19/2019 8:55 pm
Star Craft Network
Another important thing I should mention, if you want to maintain the integrity of any command blocks on your server make sure you ENABLE command blocks via Server.Properties when you go to port your world save into spigot for terraforming.

If my reply has helped you please consider supporting me by giving me Emeralds, Likes, and Subscribing to my PMC profile

- Cheers

Apexcode1990, Owner and Creator of Star Craft Network
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome