How do you get players to join your server?

dream13579's Avatar dream1357910/24/13 6:59 am
1 emeralds 163 3
11/1/2013 10:55 am
dream13579's Avatar dream13579
Chaotic Dreamz PvP

Hello!

Well...
I have recently made a minecraft server but there never seems to be anyone online.
I have posted it on PMC and other websites alike, I have built a website, made an e-mail, skype account, you-tube account, and set up votifier but for some reason no-one ever seems to come online.

Would anyone be so kind as to either help me come up with way's to get people to join my server or just join the fray themselves?

This problem has really annoyed me as i have put a lot of work into trying to make a fantastic server for the minecraft community.

This is my PMC server post please feel free to suggest ways to improve it to make my server sound more exciting and fun!

Welcome to Chaotic Dreamz PVP!
IP: chaoticdreamzpvp.zapto.org

Chaotic Dreamz PvP
The Ultimate PvP Server You Didn't Know Existed...

Dear fellow gamers,

Thank you for having a look at my server! We have a fantastic community, kind staff and amazing donor ranks! [Yet to be implemented] We are always looking for mine-crafters to join the fray!
We are a new server so please feel free to suggest ways on how we can improve! Also beware that this might mean that there are still a few bugs that are yet to be fixed!

This server is 24/7, plugins, PvP, Factions server like no other. It has a very small community and my hope is that i could have 5-15 people come on every day. I hope to see you on soon! I'm sure you wont regret it!

~dream

Additional Details:

Ever wanted to play a fun PvP server but can't find one? Chaotic Dreamz PvP is an amazing server featuring plugins such as Factions/DiabloDrops/floAuction/MCMMO/Votifier and more!

Game Version: Minecraft 1.6.4

Tags: PvP, Survival, Factions, FloAuction, Chaotic, Dreamz, Votifier, MCMMO, Plugins, Best, Server, Ever, Awesome Server, Cool Server, Fun Server, Best Server, 1.6.4

Credit: dream13579"

Thank you for taking time to read my post, I really appreciate it!

~dream

E-Mail: chaoticdreamzpvp@gmail.com
dream13579
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/01/2013 10:55 am
dream13579
Does anyone else have any advice for me or does yopugiscool cover everything?

*Still need player though!*

~dream
10/24/2013 7:30 pm
dream13579
Thank you so much,

I can't explain my gratitude it looks like you spent a lot of time typing that up and i am extremely thankful! I will get working on those things you mentioned but I have a dilemma. I did not make this server to make a wild profit from it although that would be nice that is not my aim, although i do not want to spend all my money buying hosts and domain names only to have no-one come on and play. I'm kinda stuck ;( If i had more money i certainly would buy all that stuff but I'm not. I will change my server name to 'Chaotic PvP' as long as that name has not been taken, this will take me awhile as i need to rename all of my accounts.

Thank you again!

You are awesome!

**I'm still open to advice and looking for people to join**

~dream
10/24/2013 5:51 pm
Level 24 : Expert Pony
yopugiscool
Hello there dream!
Well, this is going to probably be a very long post, so get ready!
1) Get a professional website. Having a website such as www.example.weebly.com or www.example.webs.com isn't a great idea. These types of websites make you look very unprofessional. You should spend the 11 dollars per year for a domain and get a company to host it for you. You can use flucits, which is the host I use. If you go with them, they will give you FREE Premium web hosting for as long as you have your minecraft server. Here's the link: http://fluctishosting.com/whmcs/aff.php?aff=365

2) Get a professional IP address. Your IP address is chaoticdreamzpvp.zapto.org. If you get a website, you could easily use DNS to make your server's IP into something like play.chaoticdreamzpvp.org or pvp.chaoticdreamzpvp.org. It all depends on your domain name that you choose. People will automatically join servers that have neat IP address that seem cool and professional. My IP is play.cityworksmc.com. Compare that to something such as 245.335.6463.24. Most people would automatically join play.cityworksmc.com. Also, when choosing your website, make sure to choose something short and rememberable. For example, chaoticpvp.com is much easier to remember than chaoticdreazpvpminecraft.com. Having a short domain name is also good when choosing your IP address for your server. Something such as play.chaoticpvp.com is pretty easy to remember, and it's short as well. Having something such as play.chaoticdreamzpvpminecraft.com is very long, harder to remember, and will just cause chaos and it will get messy in putting them into things such as banners.

3) Make your server FUN. I've never been on your server, but you need something creative and special. To most players, another PvP or Factions server is just boring and useless. There are already thousands more out there that they can join. If you could get a developer to code you a few plugins, that would be awesome. Though it'd cost money, you would easily be able to make a great profit out of it. Just look at Capture the Flag. The first servers that did that made a ton of money for all of those high powered ranks.

4) Put a LOT of detail. This is the one thing that people don't do. People end up spending days working on their server making it special and perfecting it to top notch, but when it comes to advertising, they post something like this on the forums:

"HEY JOIN MY KEWL SERVER I SPENT TIME ON IT
185.553.353.24.245:25565
JOIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

posting something like this isn't going to be a good idea, and people will only join it to see "how bad of a server it is".

5) Advertise, Advertise, and do more Advertising. Advertise as much as possible. Post topics about your server, get others to post topics on your server, make YouTube videos, make banners, tell your friends about it, create a minecraft club, whatever it takes, advertise. How do you think big servers like The Nexus and MineZ got popular? They didn't just go on a website and post 1 measly topic about it. You have to get the word of you server out there.

6) Get a host. Get a professional server host to run your server. Running it on your computer is a BIG rookie mistake. Trust me, I hosted my server from my computer for a little while, and it tears your computer down. Even if you allocated only 1GB to your server, it's worth the 10 dollars per month to host it by a professional host. Let them worry about all the issues, plus most companies have DDOS protection and plugin support whenever you need help.

Hope this post helped you out!
yopugiscool

Here's the host I use: http://fluctishosting.com/whmcs/aff.php?aff=365
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome