Is there a way to smooth a biomborder?

misterich's Avatar misterich11/18/20 4:33 am
11/19/2020 9:23 pm
icephantom's Avatar icephantom
Hi there; I want to ask if somebody have a good idea how I could 'smooth' biomborder on an existing world well with world edit.
When I google about this topic I just found links to WorldEdit, McEdit oder WorldPainter;

-I tried world painter - but WorldPainter seems to be a programm to creat a world before you enter it - the world I am want to edit is about 8-9 years old. With the actual version of World Painter I was able to import the world but the programm crashed when I reexported and the killed mostly all existing buldings.
-WorldEdit: The only thing I know I could use atm for changing bioms. My problem is, there is no brush for setbiom so I need to make a rectangle, what is not that helping on a biom. For example - one of my actual problems: Around the minecraft late Beta/Release my world generate generated a desert with a river at a point of my world where I haven't needed it so changed the biom to snow tundra to make it fit to the natural Tundra in north and south of it. Inside this desert binom there where a few lakes and rivers which freezed. Now I would like to melt the river to use it. But putting this river in rectangle selections is not way - it's just to curvy and round
-McEdit - ja well this tool is that old it doesn't work with modern versions anymore. It also has the same problems with selection like world edit has.

So if anyone would have a good idea how to do this; it would be nice if this one would tell me :D
misterich
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/19/2020 9:23 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
I am unable to suggest anything for that new a version of minecraft.
The only suggestion would be to take a look at the last version of the map you have in a version of minecraft before 1.13 and see how much work it would be adding any new structures to the map that have occured after you updated to beyond 1.13+. There are more tools/mods available for 1.12 and lower, you might find it easier to do your updates to biomes (and re-add any new structures) in a 1.12 version of your map, then update it to 1.16.

If you haven't kept any earlier versions ............... then you appear to have an uphill struggle ahead because you are right - the amount of mods available for MC versions later than 1.13 are very few and far between for the type of things you are asking.
11/18/2020 9:27 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
If all you are after is a way to change a small area, perhaps a few blocks at a time from one biome type to another, then you could try a mod, something like this one :

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/biome-staff

This is for MC 1.12.2, unfortunately, you didn't say your minecraft version, but if the map is around 8 years old, it'll be before the major changes in 1.13 +

This mod of a similar type covers 1.10 - 1.12
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/biome-paint-tools/files

I have a biome wand mod for 1.6.4 and 1.7.10, but you should be able to find these with a search.
11/19/2020 2:31 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect
misterich
You are right I forget to say my version; - I am using the 1.16.3. That is also part of my problem as it seems so as there are not that many tools/mods anymore for these modern Minecraft Versions.

Best would be a tool that has got a 2D look on the world with like a (round and scaleable) brush to change the biom (like in World Painter) .

Here is a shot from my actual Dynmap where I marked all stupid Biomborders I found that are result of differnt Version Map Generators and/or own Terraforming with McEdit/World Edit rechtangle biomset. This is what I would like to remove/smooth - I don't what that horizontal/vertical Biomborders anymore.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome