Lost everything in my world

emilywuvsyou's Avatar emilywuvsyou6/6/18 8:07 pm
1 emeralds 121 2
6/7/2018 9:16 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
I had this really fun world, and I went to go play it. I went to take off my texture pack, then hit play. There was an error loading the world, so I tried again. It worked this time, but everything I had done in the world was gone. My buildings, my items, my animals, everything. I knew it was the same world because there was a little mound where I built my first house. I was so sad. Does anyone know any possible way to get it back? I already made the mistake of hitting "save & quit" stupid me. I really want to know if there is a way to get it back. (Windows 10 edition)
emilywuvsyou
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ShelLuser
06/07/2018 9:16 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
You could try to check the data folder for "previous versions", this is a Windows feature.

Assuming that the Win10 version saves its stuff in the same location you can try to go to "%appdata%\.minecraft\saves" and find your world folder in there. If not in there then another folder in 'AppData' (just use %appdata% in your filemanager).

My point though: if you right click on a folder and then open its properties you should see a tab "previous versions". This is basically a sort of automated backup kept by Windows. And that works for pretty much most folders in your data directory.

So that's what I would do: try to see if Windows has kept a backup version somewhere.
MmanGamer14
06/06/2018 8:43 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Cake
If you clicked "Save and Quit", there's no chance of recovery.
Sorry, but it will have overwritten the chunk data and everything.
If it was survival, don't be afraid to open to LAN and activate cheats to rebuild it.
Did you happen to have any mods?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome