Major Fps drop with new launcher.

Netnei's Avatar Netnei5/29/13 12:33 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 6
6/2/2013 11:40 am
wen372's Avatar wen372
Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get some input on this problem I've been having with the new Minecraft launcher. Obviously it hasn't been officially released yet I know that, but I don't think that the problem lies in the launcher itself, I think that I crapped up some setting a while ago while doing only god knows what. Like the title says I'm getting a major, and I mean major, Fps drop when I make use of the new Minecraft launcher, I mean I go from a range of 80-150 fps on average to a range of 5- 30. I really have no idea why the hell this is happening, if I had to guess I would say it may have something to do with the amount of ram allocated to the current launcher, but I'm honestly just oblivious to this stuff. Any suggestions or ideas on what might be wrong? Again, any input it super appreciated, thanks.~
Netnei
Level 22 : Expert Goblin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

wen372
06/02/2013 11:40 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
The new launcher may have some bugs, so it may not work properly. Just wait for the release.
sed11
05/31/2013 3:40 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
Well, if you're using Windows 7.....
Press CTRL ALT Delete
Start Task Manager
Goto the Processes Tab, and then right-click javaw.exe (That's Minecraft. Minecraft must be running)
Click "Set Priority"
Then click on "Above Normal"

You could also try High, but for me High makes the game seem not as smooth in movement, although it does increase FPS. You could also try using lower settings without mods, or with just the mod Optifine and maybe just a few other mods. I got up to about 70 FPS before, and above 100 FPS when lowering a setting with Optifine I think, or without mods, but I forgot which setting it was.....

There are also Youtube videos that explain how to get higher FPS.
CrimsonOtaku
05/31/2013 3:23 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Artist
You could download Nodus and turn of all the animations to make it run a lot smoother i also had the same problem as you and Nodus helped a lot it is also a hack client if you want it for multiplayer but if not it can be turned off in the options and still keep all animations off.
nickfromgreece
05/31/2013 3:27 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
Nodus...

1: nodus is gone at the next update develoepr realoised its horrible adn nodus is now abandoned
2: the mod nodus has that allows smoother FPS is Optifine

And to the poster:

Get optifine but before try opening advanced OpenGL see if that helps
madmax3004
05/29/2013 12:35 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Ranger
increase ram to the new launcher?
Skylord_Namis
05/31/2013 3:42 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Herobrine
hats pretty inposibru
Planet Minecraft