Need Dedicated or VPS Server

justinis's Avatar justinis7/12/13 11:23 pm
7/13/2013 12:44 am
aman207's Avatar aman207
I am in desperate need of EXTREMELY cheap dedicated/VPS servers. I am NOT made of money and I and don't got a lot... I can not afford those high prices from $100/mo... The reason I need a dedicated/VPS server is to host my hub server. I am highly new with the word "dedicated" and "VPS", so I don't fully understand the meaning of it. With my lack of knowledge, it may be a tad bit difficult for me to fully understand which hosting company to pick, but I will try my best and possibly someone can come to my aid on which hosting I should pick. All help is greatly appreciated.

I would really appreciate if there were like $5/mo dedicated/VPS servers, but as I can view on most hosting companies, that's near impossible. Plus, I would as well need to buy my maps, plugin developers, Buycraft Premium, other servers, IP, Enjin premium and anything else I need to contain. I don't have the best strategies on making my server popular if I do get it up and running, but as every server owner, we try our best and possibly get our staff to do as well. I know there are already a numerous amount of popular servers, mostly hub of course, but I believe there is still room at the top or somewhere in the middle of popularity.

I may have gone off topic a few times and I apologize if I did. So as I said previously, I am in need of a REALLY cheap dedicated/VPS server to host my hub servers that are going to have all my other servers I got in it ( so far I only got one server, Kit PvP ( Being created at the moment ), and it's a sponsorship... Please do provide a link to your hosting company and the price it'll cost per month. I really want a cheap one because I don't got much money. Hopefully your prices aren't expensive ( like $100/mo ) for I would only be able to pay for less than 8 months... Plus, I don't fully know if I could be able to get the server popular, so that's why I don't want to take a risk of losing anything..

Also, I would most appreciate it if I could do a sponsorship rather than paying to avoid taking any risks of losing money. I could promise 25% - 65% of donations from every server you sponsor me with. Also, I currently do need other servers to be fitted into my hub, if I can't get a hub that I like with pricing, I may just put all the IP's on the site.

Please do advise me on anything that you think is helpful. I understand if you think I don't have enough money to start up a hub, but that's all I have been trying to do for the past months... I have spent dedicated time into searching for hosters and everything.

I look forward to talking to you guys and seeing what you have to offer.

Well, I think that's enough typing to get people to understand what I am seeking and again, I do apologize if I got off topic for I am a bit tired and I had been thinking of a variety of things while I was typing this. Please do forgive me.
justinis
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

aman207
07/13/2013 12:44 am
Level 40 : Master Cake
Well they do
https://clients.mpserv.net/cart.php?gid=3

But its expensive.
anonpmc13774
07/13/2013 12:37 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
justinis
07/13/2013 12:41 am
Way too expensive and doesn't sell VPS servers. My range is below $50/mo. Thanks anyways.
justinis
07/13/2013 12:34 am
aman207www.lowendbox.com/

You can try this site

Will look. Thanks.
aman207
07/13/2013 12:28 am
http://www.lowendbox.com/

You can try this site
aman207
07/13/2013 12:03 am
I don't see how you expect to run a hub server on such a low budget.
Mayoz
07/12/2013 11:59 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
If you don't know what these terms are, I doubt you'll be able to make a successful network. So, here comes school, VPS and Dedicated are very similar, yet are different. VPS mean Virtual Private Server. Dedicated means it's one whole computer as the server. So, you're now probably asking, "What's the difference?" Well, the difference is, VPS is a dedicated server, essentially split into parts. These parts are called a VPS, because that part is basically it's own server. Each "VPS" has it's own operating system installed. VPSes cannot use the recourses (Such as RAM, Storage, CPU, etc.) from another VPS on the system (system being the computer), so essentially, all VPSes are separate from each other. VSSes (Virtual Shared Server), can be a VPS or dedicated computer, where all recourses are pooled together, so any user can use what they need or want. You will not be able to host a hub server for $5 a month, it's not enough. Hub servers are more intensive than you may be lead to believe. They have to sync with all your servers and such.
aman207
07/12/2013 11:56 pm
How so?

If by hub server you mean linking to multiple servers, then yes you would need a VPS or Dedicated, but if you mean linking to different worlds, then it should work fine.
justinis
07/12/2013 11:58 pm
I mean by linking multiple servers, so yes, I do need VPS/Dedicated server.
aman207
07/12/2013 11:44 pm
VPS: Virtual Private Server. This runs on a dedicated server and that dedicated server host many VPS's. Basically a VPS is a mini dedicated server. These servers usually are not very powerful.

Dedicated Server: 100% totally controlled by you. Its like your own virtual computer. These tend to cost more.

You can save money by getting a different plugin instead of paying for one.

You probably are not going to get a very good server for $5. I would start off with a multicraft server. Then upgrade to VPS or Dedicated when you have more money.
Mayoz
07/13/2013 12:05 am
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
This post is not fully correct, yet it has the point and the essence.

A VPS can be very powerful, in fact, many on the market today are very powerful servers.

Dedicated servers can be 100% controlled by you or not. If you own the server yourself you can have 100% control over it, but if a hosting company owns it you most likely will not. They will probably not allow you to have physical access to the server and such.
aman207
07/13/2013 12:09 am
Sorry I should have been more clear. You are correct.
justinis
07/13/2013 12:22 am
Lol, getting a bit off topic. xD
( Please don't respond unless you can provide useful stuff to topic, sorry, just don't want to add a lot of unnecessary posts that are irrelevant )
justinis
07/12/2013 11:47 pm
Please know that in order to have a Hub server, you'll need a Dedicated/VPS server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome