Need Help on Building a new PC for Minecraft

istrafinq's Avatar istrafinq6/5/18 8:27 pm
1 emeralds 242 8
6/8/2018 11:56 am
istrafinq's Avatar istrafinq
So back about 9 months ago, I created a thread on a gaming PC, buuut, I got into console gaming and began to not care, however, I'm getting back into my weak little PC (old Intel i3 with 4 gigs of ram) and it just isn't enough. I need to run Minecraft in the min-hundred FPS, (lag spikes, HD packs, laggy servers, etc) have discord in the background, and be recorded on OBS. I would like PCPartPicker, how well it will do, and a reason for my dad to be okay with me getting it. (My mom is rly onboard cuz she has to use it sometimes and it's hella laggy, and even my grandfather, who does audio investigations and needs a PC with insane specs is on board, but my dad, who has nothing against gaming, but uses a Mac and says PC gaming is bad because the best PCs always get instantly outdated, while consoles take many years, but I need a reasonable PC!). thanks!
istrafinq
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/06/2018 5:56 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
you would be better off just upgrading the cpu and adding more ram, also, the only consoles that wernt out dated when they hit the market was xbox 360 and ps3, the new ones are 2-ish generations behind in cpu power and about 5 years behind on gpu
06/06/2018 11:56 pm
istrafinq
Those are the main two resources that I would want buffed, however, I want a generally lag-free experience and would like a general upgrade in most things to ensure that I don't have to upgrade for a while. And my dad means that console don't get replaced often and thay games always run well on them. Thanks though!
06/05/2018 9:35 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer
BabyBlueberry
I'd personally just tell him he won't be using it so it shouldn't really matter. But PC's don't really get "outdated", and to me personally the only thing it could get outdated on is graphics, but I mean, once you get mega good graphics, you shouldn't really have to update it unless you're a freak on that kind of stuff.

PC's can last you for a long time if you treat them well, and in this era I don't really know of what a PC could improve on besides needing more storage or something.

You could just tell your dad that, or say that Mac's don't get outdated because they don't get updated often enough, and make some joke about how he's technically behind with the time or something, I dunno.

I'm not skilled in the act of picking parts and putting them together, which is, from what I heard, way cheaper than buying a premade PC, but if that route doesn't work for you, I'd recommend an HP PC made for performance. I have an HP Omen myself and it's easy breezy, my dude.

Best of luck to you.
06/07/2018 12:01 am
istrafinq
P1: He won't be using it, but he doesn't want me wasting money on a bad investment, so that's why he cares, and the graphics thing is what I try to tell him also.

P2: um yeah same as second part of P1.

P3: He actually likes PCs better, but he got one of the more recent Macs in a will, so he uses it instead, and he doesn't really need any high specs cuz it's just for like emails and stuff.

P4: Yeah the only way I could sell him on the idea is the learning and saving money of building/upgrading the current one, but I can look into the specs of that PC. thanks for the help!
06/05/2018 8:32 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
Show your old man the difference in price between upgrading a PC and a Mac!
06/07/2018 12:02 am
istrafinq
No we're actually more of a PlayStation-Android-PC household, he just got a Mac on a will just as his PC got a virus or something.
06/07/2018 1:24 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
either he was going on some really really dodgy websites, or using an out dated operating system
06/07/2018 8:54 am
istrafinq
Yeah it was pretty old
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome