Need Help please

ThatsJessica's Avatar ThatsJessica9/30/13 4:41 pm
9/30/2013 5:26 pm
Phrontier's Avatar Phrontier
So im new to owning a server and i have got the plugin for /nick
but everyone can use it, and people have told me to make groups or ranks,
how do you do it, please help :

Edit: dose anyone know how i can give someone console, because i have it and i need to give it to my friend
ThatsJessica
Level 14 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Xenon Neko
09/30/2013 5:16 pm
Level 25 : Expert Procrastinator
Please only bump posts once every 24 hours.
Phrontier
09/30/2013 5:26 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
It's great that you told him this, but there's no need to mini-mod, you didn't even contribute to the topic.

On the other hand, watch the video below, it should explain how to fix the problem you're having.

[yt]u_11akOg4mw[/yt]

As someone stated before me, it takes a lot to create a server. You need to care for it,, and help it grow. It isn't just plug an play. Download GroupManager, link below, it sets up the basic permissions for you and you basically don't have to do anything but modify what you want to give others greater capabilities.

Group Manager Page: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Downloads
Direct DL GroupManager: http://tiny.cc/EssentialsGMZip

If you want to know more
I added this spoiler so I didn't overwhelm you with information. Stop reading right now if you haven't watched the video above.

If you want more customization, I myself would use PermissionsEX, which is, in my opinion, much more easy to edit and gives you more control over what happens. However, with PEX you have to start from scratch.

PEX: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/permissionsex/

Hope this helps. Good luck with the server.
101hiimnorm
09/30/2013 5:15 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Ok, Thanks!
101hiimnorm
09/30/2013 5:14 pm
All you have to do is: Message me on here, And I would be GLAD to help you out with ANYTHING regarding Minecraft or your Minecraft Bukkit Server. Just Message me or Get on the server: Markcraft.servequake.com (My Server) And we could Work out a time that I could Help. Thanks again, Jessica.
ThatsJessica
09/30/2013 5:13 pm
if you could add me on skype and help me do it tomorrow please
101hiimnorm
09/30/2013 5:12 pm
If you would Like, I could give you my PEX files and I will guide you through the ways of how to Install and Use them. And, it is not very complicated in my opinion to do PEX or CONSOLE things. I also, have some plugins to recommend to you. If you want to do this, just tell me on this Forum. Thanks!
Starfire1337
09/30/2013 5:06 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Modder
Oh yeah, and for the console, you can use an app called McMyAdmin or Multicraft, McMyAdmin home edition is free but is very limited. Both the premium versions of multicraft and McMyAdmin cost money, if I see a good server, I have a few extra product keys lying around you can get. Since your asking these questions, I assume you will want McMyAdmin because Multicraft is very hard to configure. It requires you to run a daemon and a web server. If you can understand me, I will be happy to guide you through the process of installing both softwares!

EDIT: If you would like groups or ranks, I would be happy to help with PEX. All you have to do is install PEX and message me your server IP. We can then schedule a time where I will come on and take a look, from there, we can decide whats best!
Starfire1337
09/30/2013 5:03 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Modder
Jessica, If you want a small or large minecraft community, you will need to put in a lot of time, money and work. For me, I prefer to use PermissionsEx, aka PEX. If you do not feel comfortable with permissions, you may want to edit essentials permissions, as I assume essentials is handling /nick, right? Heres how you can remove the permission from players. First of all, you will need to access your server files. Locate the folder that is called "plugins". Open it up and find the folder called "Essentials". Open it up and locate the file named "config.yml". If you are using a host, I will be assuming you will be using net2ftp for this operation. Otherwise, just use a file editing program such as notepad ++ (google it if you dont know what it is). Scroll down until you you find the folowing:

player-commands:
- afk
- afk.auto
- back
- back.ondeath
- balance
- balance.others
- balancetop
- build
- chat.color
- chat.format
- chat.shout
- chat.question
- clearinventory
and so on...

Look through the list of the commands until you find:
- nick

Next, remove that line from the config file.
Finally, save the file and restart your server!
Plus, if you see any other commands in there that you may not want your players to have, it /me. You should remove that as well!
ThatsJessica
09/30/2013 5:03 pm
seems hard, not gonna try that yet
101hiimnorm
09/30/2013 4:58 pm
* I do know how to let someone else use CONSOLE, but you have to Download an app to do it. It is called TeamViewer. Besides the point, I have a Config.yml file and PEX files. If you want a Copy of mine ( It is very hard to do on your own ), Just say. Thanks!
101hiimnorm
09/30/2013 4:55 pm
Are you there?
101hiimnorm
09/30/2013 4:53 pm
It is easier for me to communicate with you on there than it is here.
101hiimnorm
09/30/2013 4:52 pm
Oh, I can. Do u have Skype
ThatsJessica
09/30/2013 4:52 pm
just done a edit please someone i need help
ThatsJessica
09/30/2013 4:49 pm
just gonna google it