New server scam?

Tophill3's Avatar Tophill34/30/15 9:26 pm
1 emeralds 275 6
5/1/2015 9:15 pm
Altitude Community's Avatar Altitude Community
So someone joined my server and handed one of my staff members a book that once you clicked the text would op the player. My moderators aren't /op'ed so they didn't have permission to do so. Any how, can I have any explanation of how I can prevent this from happening on the server? Also I know the image goes off the screen so right click on the image and click open in new tab. Thanks
Tophill3
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2015 9:15 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Altitude Community
I've been having problems with this too. Scary stuff and no good solution. They used it to get the admin rank, not op. I use groupmanager too o.o

Not related but I thought Id throw it out there:

To make that image fit your post use [simg] and [/simg] instead of
05/01/2015 12:46 pm
Level 1 : New Network
LGCJosh
Yup no problem
05/01/2015 6:20 am
Level 1 : New Network
LGCJosh
Thanks for the heads up on this. What I have done to prevent this is completely removed ops from the server period [Including myself] and used groupmanager to assign all permissions. Considering my owner group automatically gets all permissions to any plugin anyways ops are not needed. Or Simply remove -bukkit.command.op.give from all user groups.
05/01/2015 6:45 am
Tophill3
Yeah, that's sounds like the best way to go. Thank you
05/01/2015 1:05 am
Level 28 : Expert Dolphin
SAIXlON
This is the New Force-Op method. it basically getting put in a bunch of public hacked clients now since its easy to fool people. As for blocking it i would just remove the op permissions from your staff and tell them not to open any books. If there is a plugin that blocks books all together you can go with that to.
05/01/2015 6:45 am
Tophill3
Ahh I see. Thanks for the recommendation.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome