PermisionsEX help?!

MrCreeperDude22's Avatar MrCreeperDude2211/23/12 3:39 pm
1 emeralds 172 6
11/28/2012 7:04 pm
Dman7777's Avatar Dman7777
Hey I have a 50 slot server and I just finished the Spawn, Plugins Ect. But I need help with one last thing and that's Permissions EX. I have all groups made and working and all, but like how do I get a certain group, like Owner, to have a certain chat color? I was able to make its prefix but how do I make is so when he speaks, his chat message is automatically yellow? I got his rank a color I just dont know how for the chat message color. If you can help me please reply here or on Skype. My name is markploski22 for skype.
MrCreeperDude22
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/28/2012 7:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dman7777
Hello i run a big server Hosting site and i am only 14 lolz and i run a big mc community called PRoCraftpvp will me fiend and i am a webdev need any help ask em add me on skype
Dman7725
11/28/2012 5:19 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
suedadam
You could just add &7 at the end to make the text gray if you didn't touch the essentials chat config for example &7[&4Admin&7]&7 or something like that
11/28/2012 5:13 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
ApexIsHunter
Okay, so to have colored chat simply do this.

1. Go to and open your essentials config.yml file.
2. Once open scroll down to the 'essentials chat' area.
3. There should be a 'group-formats:' somewhere under there. Remove the '#' that is in front of 'group-formats:'

Here is a tiny example of what my helper rank looks like.

group-formats:
Helper: '{DISPLAYNAME}&7:&e {MESSAGE}'

***Delete whatever is behind your {DISPLAYNAME} and make sure not to delete the '.

** '&e' Is the color code. That is what the color of the chat will be for that certain group!

The group that you use on essentials is the same one used on permissions ex.

Thats all you gotta do.
11/27/2012 3:22 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
Koz4Christ
It sounds like you have Essentials running. Turn off its chat color change feature and you can setup a postfix with the color that you want their chat to be
11/27/2012 3:23 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I also have Essentials running and the Chat Color change feature does not effect my custom colors.
11/27/2012 3:02 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I have mine set up like this:

admin:
default: false
prefix: '&4[&cAdmin&4]'
inheritance:
- somerank
permissions:
options:
message-format: '&4[&cAdmin&4] &c%player: &f%message'

&4 makes the first bracket in the title dark red. &c makes the word Admin red. &4 makes the last bracket dark red. The next &c makes the player name red. Finally, &f makes the message appear in white.

If you wish to change the message color, do this:

Original:
'&4[&cAdmin&4] &c%player: &f%message'

Custom color:
'&4[&cAdmin&4] &c%player: &c%message'

The color code before %message has now been changed to red.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome