Problems opening the 25565 Port for Minecraft server.

TehHunterGamer's Avatar TehHunterGamer3/25/20 11:44 am
1 emeralds 443 3
3/25/2020 9:25 pm
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
Hello there,

I've recently had an urge to start playing minecraft again and thought I'd play with some friends. Solutions like Aternos don't work for us because we are 5 people and the free servers they provide are lagging hard with anything over 4, especially on nether. So I decided to host our server on my PC...

Here's the problem, I am pretty sure I have done everything but the ports don't want to open. I will provide as many details as possible in hopes of finding a solution.

So first of all, I have obviously port forwarded the port 25565 for both TCP and UDP, inbound and outbound.

I have also done this for the Windows 10 firewall.

I used my internal IP address for the port forwarding and an external IP to connect to the server.

The "server ip=" line on the configuration file has been left blank.

.bat files starts up nicely with no errors.

I can join with localhost but not with my external IP address.

I have tested to see if the port is open on 4 different internet sites. All of them say the port is closed.

I have restarted both the computer, router and server multiple times between all the fixes. Nothing has worked.

If I can provide any other details please tell me so. Any kind of help is appreciated, I really don't want to pay 10$ a month for 2gb of ram when I can host a server with 4gb for free.

Thanks in advance.
TehHunterGamer
Level 34 : Artisan Dragonborn