Problems with bluetooth headphones on older versions of minecraft

alkis400's Avatar alkis400 β€’ 3/16/24 2:53 pm
3/19/2024 5:34 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
I just bought some bluetooth headphones and when i put them to my computer and the soud of minecraft goes from my laptops built in speakers. the call with my friend and even music i put on goes to the headphones but the minecraft sounds just wont work with the headphones. I cant go to the setting and change the audio output beacuse the version is 1.8.9 in the badlion client (im playing hypixel). Is there any way I can make the audio output to the headphones without switching to a newer version (my laptop sucks). Sorry if I have bad english.
alkis400
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/17/2024 3:33 amhistory
alkis400
I HAVE FOUND IT!!!!! I will tell you here but i will also make a tutorial about it bc there werent any tutorials on yt (this works with any launcher). so basically what i did is opened the old minecraft (any vesion before the update that added the sound re-link option in sound settings) and went to the windows Sound Output. then pressed "more volume settings". after that i went to volume mixer (minecraft still on) and found minecraft. then pressed the little arrow and changed both input and output device to my headphones. now it works! The only bad thing is that if you wanna switch to your speakers u gotta go through that whole process again. For some reason this problem only happens for bluetooth headphones or erabuds and not headphones with a jack or a usb. hope this helped!

edit: thanks to PaintsplattersMC for finding the sulotion too
03/18/2024 2:50 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Seconded.

Having found and cinfirmed a solution, it was most polite of you to have published it. πŸ‘
03/18/2024 12:27 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
here, have a gold star for explaining how you fixed your issue instead of moving on🌟
03/17/2024 3:14 am
Level 40 : Master uwu
PaintsplattersMC
try going into the sound mixer in windows, or mac or whatever and selecting the output device for your application. not ingame, like via control panel or settings
03/17/2024 3:32 am
alkis400
yessss!!! thats what i did. you commented 4 minutes after i found this excact same solution. thas hilarious! thanks anyway.
03/16/2024 3:24 pmhistory
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
mikkelmc5
Go to options > Music & sounds > Device: "your headphones" if it works? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
03/17/2024 3:03 am
alkis400
as I said the game is on 1.8.9 and that option you are talking about came out in 1.17 or something. But thanks anyway
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome