Region fixer - corrupted world

MultiGame's Avatar MultiGame1/2/18 6:47 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 1
1/2/2018 9:28 am
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
Hi!
so basically did the server get some corrupted chunks that are crashing the server :P
so used region fixer to try fix it but the program just keeps crashing on my pc... no reason why?
so im basicaly wondering if anyone has a working region fixer, that i might can borrow :P
add me on disc if u do Jordey7777#4558

regards!
MultiGame
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/02/2018 9:28 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Region fixer? I somehow don't really trust stuff like that. First I'd copy the world and leave the original alone, this is safer. Try accessing the copy with your regular Minecraft client. It will probably fail, but who knows...

Next step: MCEdit. It's not full proof but it can very well help you to retrieve stuff from the map nonetheless.

If you can get some kind of error (check the logs for stack traces) you may even be able to discover which region file (see the region subdirectory in your world save) got corrupted. Removing said file may very well help you to access the rest of your map. You'll loose a section of the map (it'll get re-generated) but you may very well salvage most of the rest.

But I'd seriously never blindly rely on tools. Most aren't as great as people claim in my opinion.

Hope this can help you out a bit.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome