Setting up a beacon in the nether

Jake212's Avatar Jake2127/7/14 10:54 am
1 emeralds 3.1k 5
7/8/2014 10:21 pm
Jake212's Avatar Jake212
Does anyone here know how to set up a beacon in the nether? On my server your not allowed to break bedrock or build above the nether. So I have to put the beacon beside my blaze spawner somehow. My friend has one working but he hasn't been online for a while to show me.

The way hes done it is a pyramid then an upside down pyramid underneath. Then he uses furnaces to lockette it all so someone doesn't take the iron blocks or beacon. Theres nothing cleared above the beacon its all nether rack. I've tried copying the set up but it wont work. Any ideas? I'm just looking to put strength 2 and possibly speed on it. Thanks.
Jake212
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Jake212
07/08/2014 10:21 pm
Thanks but I got it working. Its to have strength 2 to kill in a double blaze spawner. One hit kills with stone sword. But I use unbreaking 3 looting 3 diamond. :3 My friend told me it has to be below a naturally spawned ceiling. So you shouldn't mine the area above where u want to put the beacon. Its a regular semi vanilla server with no mods aside from lockette and world guard and a few other simple ones.

The nether world there is the same as vanilla nether so this should work if anyone else wants to set one up. I locketted the whole pyramid including the beacon so its safe.
Leeberator
07/08/2014 11:25 am
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
If you were trying to make a beacon exclusively for finding the blaze spawner from a distance, I'd suggest you get the VoxelMap mod and set a waypoint at it (because that creates a beacon-looking beam up into the sky at the waypoint).

Unfortunately for your plans, though, I'm pretty sure that Midnight is correct in that even in the Nether, a beacon would need nothing but air blocks above it.
Midnight
07/08/2014 11:14 am
Level 46 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
A beacon needs to have access to the sky. So it won't work (MAYBE if you removed the layer of bedrock on the top but i doubt it)
Jake212
07/07/2014 11:28 am
I know how to make a beacon pyramid. I'm asking how to make a working beacon in the nether.
DuckTummy
07/07/2014 11:08 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Whelp, you gotta make a huge pyramid, then the last block is a beacon. You may have to break the nether-bricks and fences to make it however. Also, PM me your server IP so I can come on, tell me in chat if you need staff.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome