Sever help!!!

kaihookus's Avatar kaihookus5/3/17 4:29 pm
1 emeralds 175 3
5/8/2017 7:28 pm
MHF_Workbench's Avatar MHF_Workbench
So earlier today I was trying to setup a beta sever on minecraft, and so I watched a video and did every thing it said to do but it says failed to bind port nothing is fixing this issue and I really need some help.
kaihookus
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MHF_Workbench
05/08/2017 7:28 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Ugh, this error is annoying, but I may have a solution. Go to "server.properties" file located in the root directory of the server where your server jar file is. What is the value you have for "server-port"? The default port for Minecraft is "25565" which is why you usually don't have to specify a port on some Minecraft Server ips; mc-standards.net or mc-standards.net:25565 would both work since they are using the default port. Just leave the "server-port" value blank if you're unsure about this; but, if the port is already in use then it is conflicting with another application hosting through the same port and you'll receive that "Failed to bind to port" error. In that case you would need to change the port number to something else.
Karrfis
05/03/2017 7:48 pm
They/Them • Level 35 : Artisan Birb Birb
Moved to Server Help
AvaPop
05/03/2017 7:34 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Pig
You could try getting a server from a website. I got that and they are usually good. They can be like 1$ if you want one for like 15 people. If you are ok with this i got mine at a website called BeastNode.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome