[Idea] Thieves & Kings, The Adventure Of Rubel (Crew Needed)

Johngohan's Avatar Johngohan5/1/12 3:46 pm
5/30/2012 5:25 pm
Johngohan's Avatar Johngohan
Hello, let me start by introducing myself.
My name is Edward, I live in Canada - Nova Scotia. A local in a town near me wrote a book, named Thieves & Kings, it is a comic book, and it screams to be an adventure map for Minecraft!

First, before commenting if interested, please visit this link to take a quick look at his series, and his book, possiby read some online if wanted, it is a good read and i suggest you do.

[Link]
http://www.iboxpublishing.com/TPB1.htm

We could build the main city, what i like to call "Spiral Mountain (As seen on cover [Right side,]) Being the central plaza of given tasks, hidden storage chests, but thats ahead of the fact...

This story is about a young boy Rubel, making his way amidst the powerful events changing his world, soldiers and pirates, kings and magic, and a Shadow Lady of the Sleeping Wood fill his life with gambles and adventure.

Me being not a very good Medieval builder, i would require a handful of people to subdue certain tasks, which i will list numbers and jobs as follow -

[5-8] Medieval Builders (Shoud attain good progress, also anything medieval should settle, there is many featuring things to be built.)
[1-3] Landscapers (Design land, flatten, and shape our building environment.)
[2-4] Decorators (Making the city, and landscape gorgeous should be a big part.)
[1-3] Forestry (Custom forest makers, large trees, custom swamp like trees, dark forests, and anything in that category.)
[1-2] Ship Builders (Could become a large part.)
[1] Story Writers, since i have a copy of the books, i shall supply the set checkpoints with books from the new snapshot (Amazing!) with given information, and set tasks and all that goodness. I will also do the writing.)
And last but not least
[2-3] Interior Decorators (Puts a load of the builders back, they have lots of work on their hands.)

In total i will allow 20 Places (Each position must meet its minimum, and i will take small auditions, only featuring testing of the ability for your part, those who dont get accepted will be allowed to take part, if A: Someone quits, or B: something needs more work, i will keep task of workers, and notes of the applications, and im hoping this will be a success.)

Fill out this form, and or leave me a private message, if you want to talk to me about this project, contact me via - Skype, johngohan2@hotmail.com (Edward Fuller) Send me a message in the friend request about the project so i know, thanks

[Application]
Strength:
Weakness:
Skype name:
Link to PMC page:
Heard of book before?:
Suggestions:
and anything else you find necessary to say, please be constructive, and i hope i can make this happen!

I will setup a teamspeak or use skype to chat with my crew, once we get setup if this can be made possible. And i may have to use a hamachi held server... for construction that is!

My timezone is ADT Atlantic Daylight Savings Time, and as this is posted it is 4:46

Thats all i have to say, please, dont be hasty take your time filling out the forms Thank you

Sincerely - Johngohan/ AKA Edward

(Please copy and fill out the previous form)
Johngohan
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2012 5:25 pm
Johngohan
Ok, im glad someone else has seen this XD and im surprised to see someone else actually knows about it, i didnt think it was that big D2Girls, it is very underrated, and it is a great series, i encourage everyone to read it.
If you have any regards on this team im trying to pull together, tell some people you know who may want to join it would be something amazing to see done!

Thank you, Sincerely - Johngohan/Edward
05/19/2012 12:35 am
Level 1 : New Miner
D2Girls
I'm probably one of the few hundred people who actually LOVE Mark Oakley's work and own the first few collection's hes put out. I'm quite pleased to find another person who appreciate his art, and stories. This guy is a genius, and writes and draws one of the most underrated series ever.
05/04/2012 9:58 pm
Johngohan
ANNOUNCEMENT: I can contact the publisher, i have heard he isn't hard to get a hold of, and if the project is carried out, then i wouldnt be surprised if we could get some donations to make a server for the map and i will endorce his book and advertise! I have met Mark Oakley, he is a great guy, i assume he would find it a good idea!
05/04/2012 9:56 pm
Johngohan
Again, this is lacking publicity DX i would love to get the team organized...
05/02/2012 7:20 pm
Johngohan
[5-8] Medieval Builders (1 of 8) HankFleck217 ______ ________ ________ ______
[1-3] Landscapers (0 of 3) _______ ________ _______
[2-4] Decorators (1 of 4) Johngohan
[1-3] Forestry (0 of 3)______ _______ _______
[1-2] Ship Builders (1 of 2) Mr_Walrus _________
[1] Storyline Writers (1 of 1) Johngohan
[2-3] Interior Decorators (2 of 3) HankFleck217, Johngohan _________

Current Placements (Not Final, But current)
05/02/2012 7:13 pm
Johngohan
Mr_Walrus
Heard of book before?: Nope, but I'm a great reader, and I will go out and buy it if I have too.

Wonderful, buying the book is up to you, and it is in no way a requirement, im not even really endorcing his book, but i imagine if i contacted him i could get some donations for endorcing and reccomending it to others...
But besides the fact, its a great read, if you like comics, mixed with storyline in other parts like a full page of info, then some scenes but, to the real point of this response, your accepted if i can get a few peope i may put up a small hamachi server and start it if the builders would like to join, and we can a skype chat, i recommend skype.. your accepted
05/02/2012 6:52 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Mr_Walrus
Part wanted:Ship builder
Strength:Details and making things look really true-to-life
Weakness:Redstone
Skype name:Dont have one =/
Link to PMC page: ?
Heard of book before?: Nope, but I'm a great reader, and I will go out and buy it if I have too.
Suggestions:pick me =D
05/02/2012 6:45 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Moved this to the correct section, please be careful where you post.
05/02/2012 7:04 pm
Johngohan
Thank you, i looked in the sections but i was unsure of where to put it, i figured, minecraft the game was the closest, i apologize.

Sincerely - Johngohan/Edward
05/02/2012 6:12 pm
Johngohan
[quote="Hankfleck217"][Application]
There, im glad someone finds this interesting, take a look at the website for the book, maybe online for book one and read a little that should give you some looks at buildings, its a very large project, i will write your name down and keep link to your PMC page if you want to do both parts thats fine, but its a large part for both... thank you for applying i will add you on skype, we can chat
05/02/2012 6:07 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Hankfleck217
[Application]
Part wanted: Both Interior decorator and Medieval builder!! I can do both trust me.
Strength: I'm a server owner for 6 months and i know how to build i have played on many creative servers and i have a great imagination! I personally love building medieval stuff so this is great for me!
Weakness: Uh... Not much really (not trying to sound like Mr.Perfect)
Skype name: Hankfleck217 and i have a mic lets chat?
Link to PMC page:
Heard of book before?: No i have not ?
Suggestions: Not yet
05/02/2012 6:02 pm
Johngohan
COME ON, THIS NEEDS SOME PUBLICITY, it would be such an amazing and beautiful project
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome