Trouble getting a villager to buy books

Ontvlambaar's Avatar Ontvlambaar10/6/17 7:37 am history
1 emeralds 228 7
10/6/2017 1:11 pm
Ontvlambaar's Avatar Ontvlambaar
So I'm working with custom villagers. Upon trading villager #1, you get Quest book #1.
You have to deliver Quest book #1 to villager #2 to get the next questbook and so on..

I tried using villager /summon's, and for the first villager everything works flawless - but as soon as I try to get Villager #2 to buy the first quest book, it wont give in.

Villager 1 summon command:
/summon villager ~ ~-0.5 ~ {OnGround:1b,NoGravity:0b,Invulnerable:1b,CustomName:"Bruce",CustomNameVisible:1b,FallFlying:1b,PersistenceRequired:0b,NoAI:1b,CanPickUpLoot:0b,Profession:5,Career:1,CareerLevel:1,Rotation:[180F,0F],Offers:{Recipes:[{rewardExp:1b,maxUses:210000,buy:{id:"minecraft:emerald",Count:5b},sell:{id:"minecraft:written_book",Count:1b,tag:{display:{Name:"Halloween Questbook #1",Lore:"Halloween 2017"]},title:"",author:"VW Staff",pages:["{\"text\":\"Halloween 2017 Questbook\",\"color\":\"light_purple\",\"extra\":{\"text\":\"\\n\\nHi, the name's bruce. Welcome to the town of Sleepy Hollow!\\n\\nOur town is a popular tourist attraction because of Notch's tombstone!\\n \",\"color\":\"black\"},{\"text\":\"\\nOr well.. was popular..\",\"color\":\"gray\",\"italic\":true}]}","{\"text\":\"The popularity of our town has decreased last week after some girl, Janet, went missing.\\nJanet is.. or was.. the daughter of the well-known salesman Hugh Townley. \",\"color\":\"black\",\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\n\\nAfter she went missing, the villagers have been hearing screams every day.\",\"color\":\"black\"}]}","{\"text\":\"Hugh sent out a private investigator to find his daughter.\\n\\nThat investigator, Peter Holmes, incriminates every single villager..\",\"color\":\"black\",\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\nI'm certain no-one here will put our main source of income at stake..\",\"color\":\"black\"}]}","{\"text\":\"My brother, Dan, was out of town to get supplies for Halloween. He doesn't know about the ongoing events yet. \",\"color\":\"black\",\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\n\\nCan you please find him and tell him what I've just told you?\",\"color\":\"black\"}]}","{\"text\":\"New objective:\",\"color\":\"black\",\"bold\":true,\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\n\\n-Find Dan\",\"color\":\"green\",\"bold\":false,\"hoverEvent\":{\"action\":\"show_text\",\"value\":\"Dan's Last-known location is near the pumpkin farm.\"}}]}"]}}}]}}

Villager 2:
/summon villager ~ ~-0.5 ~ {OnGround:1b,NoGravity:0b,Invulnerable:1b,CustomName:"Dan",CustomNameVisible:1b,FallFlying:0b,PersistenceRequired:0b,NoAI:1b,CanPickUpLoot:0b,Profession:5,Career:1,CareerLevel:1,Willing:0b,Rotation:[275F,0F],Tags:["Bruce's brother"],Offers:{Recipes:[{rewardExp:1b,maxUses:21000,buy:{id:"minecraft:written_book",Count:1b,tag:{display:{Name:"Halloween Questbook #1",Lore:"Halloween 2017"]},title:"",author:"VW Staff",generation:0,pages:["{\"text\":\"Halloween 2017 Questbook\",\"color\":\"light_purple\",\"extra\":{\"text\":\"\\n\\nHi, the name's bruce. Welcome to the town of Sleepy Hollow!\\n\\nOur town is a popular tourist attraction because of Notch's tombstone!\\n \",\"color\":\"black\"},{\"text\":\"\\nOr well.. was popular..\",\"color\":\"gray\",\"italic\":true}]}","{\"text\":\"The popularity of our town has decreased last week after some girl, Janet, went missing.\\nJanet is.. or was.. the daughter of the well-known salesman Hugh Townley. \",\"color\":\"black\",\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\n\\nAfter she went missing, the villagers have been hearing screams every day.\",\"color\":\"black\"}]}","{\"text\":\"Hugh sent out a private investigator to find his daughter.\\n\\nThat investigator, Peter Holmes, incriminates every single villager..\",\"color\":\"black\",\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\nI'm certain no-one here will put our main source of income at stake..\",\"color\":\"black\"}]}","{\"text\":\"My brother, Dan, was out of town to get supplies for Halloween. He doesn't know about the ongoing events yet. \",\"color\":\"black\",\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\n\\nCan you please find him and tell him what I've just told you?\",\"color\":\"black\"}]}","{\"text\":\"New objective:\",\"color\":\"black\",\"bold\":true,\"extra\":[{\"text\":\"\\n\\n-Find Dan\",\"color\":\"green\",\"bold\":false,\"hoverEvent\":{\"action\":\"show_text\",\"value\":\"Dan's Last-known location is near the pumpkin farm.\"}}]}"]}},buyB:{id:"minecraft:emerald",Count:1b},sell:{id:"minecraft:planks",Damage:2,Count:1b}}]}

As an attempt to fix this, I tried copying the sellitem from the command into the buy slot of villager #2, but that didn't work.

Does anyone here have experience with that? Or suggestions on how to make this work? Been cracking my brain all morning trying to fix this..
Ontvlambaar
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Artist