Very new to starting my own server and need advice or help

EpicRhox's Avatar EpicRhox12/22/15 4:53 am
1 emeralds 158 1
12/22/2015 5:05 am
xFinch's Avatar xFinch
Hello,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to read this. I apologize if I post something that is not allowed but from what I read I may be alright. If not please let me know so I can change it.

I recently started my own server through a host website. (I'd tell you who but I think that classifies under things I cannot do)
I am trying to build a server where its like factions or teams but without a lot of what they do.
Basically I would like the player to spawn in a certain area, be presented with minimum 3 choices of teams. Once the player chooses the team they want to join then they will walk through a door into a hallway and as such will be given certain drops, have their name changed to the color of their team or at least a tag in front of their name to show what team they are on. At the end they would be teleported by a command block to their respective team hubs. I was thinking for the most part the server would stay PvE and then every so often host tournaments or games for each team to participate against each other.

Building everything is not a problem for me, I have played Minecraft for a long time and have become a proficient builder. However, I don't have much experience with public servers. I used to code webpages but never really got into java, so I am sure I will be able to pick up easily anything I need to do so long as its explained well enough.

I guess my main question is (and this is where it gets a little hairy on if its acceptable or not) are there plugins already that support this type of thing? or can anyone here help me figure this out?

I have looked into factions and teams, I don't want to use factions due to the claiming of land and such, and teams seemed like its built so everyone is on their own until a tournament is held and THEN people are placed in teams instead of them constantly placed in teams and then tournaments are held at designated points in time.

Again I thank you, and hope that none of this is a non acceptable post query.
EpicRhox
Level 1 : New Miner