What does "Creative" mean to you?

wheres_mah_pai's Avatar wheres_mah_pai9/27/11 11:41 pm
9/28/2011 4:05 am
Block_Fortress's Avatar Block_Fortress
One of my favorite things to do is play me a good game of Creative Mode on Multiplayer. The problem? Almost every server I go to says that it is "Creative" when it isn't anything like creative. I mean, sure, Having actual supplies FOR your players is ok, but since when is MONEY involved?? Just about every server I see may look like creative when in reality you have to go into the wild for your supplies. That is survival, people. Money is a good idea for building trust, but what about when he/she runs out of money? Then what? It'll just turn into a game of run around the city and grief because there is nothing else to do. To me, creative means being able to build freely without having to hunt down supplies and find food every ten minutes. What about you guys? There is a whole community of you and one of me. Do you think I'm right? If not, what is your definition of Creative? Replies are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: By creative I mean the Minecraft kind of creative. =P
wheres_mah_pai
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Block_Fortress
09/28/2011 4:05 am
Level 78 : Legendary Unicorn
A creative server is giving you the space to just let your mind blow out all the information you have stored in your head. Its a place to relax, not think, just do. Were items become but, an item, not a trophy (e.g. diamond).

And creative doesn't just mean YOU build, its a place were you can relax and build with others, your friends, or people who you have just met. Or you can just see what other people have done. Just fly by and watch as the creative sludge people have spewed out onto the open canvas flies past your eyes.

Whether its something unique, or something inspired by an idol, creative is just a general place were you can relax and have fun. This, this is what creative is. And that is why I love it so much. (p.s. BOBSAJIT YOU TRIED TO STEAL ANTIQUA'S AND I'S WORK) <--- Epic rage
ctt13
09/28/2011 3:42 am
Level 1 : New Miner
pai 100% with u theres just not enough
KingCraft
09/28/2011 3:37 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Hmm...Creative,
For singleplayer: it's for yourself to put your imagination out to the world of minecraft. It can be for making redstone creations , stadiums and more. Its also for contributing the world of minecrafters to have a better idea what to do next.

For Muitiplayer: its for team work and fun for all.
skull983398
09/28/2011 2:02 am
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
Let me google creative minecraft servers for you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=creative+minecraft+server

(lol, I just found this on another thread xD)
Warhawker
09/28/2011 1:52 am
Level 44 : Master Modder
Server.properties
gamemode=1
bobsajit
09/28/2011 12:40 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Engineer
Yeah, when I think of creative I think of item spawning and large tracks of land to build upon. *cough* Gazamo *cough*

ip: log.gazamo.com

You'll never go back to something else.
wheres_mah_pai
09/28/2011 12:34 am
P0CKETLINT13dictionary.reference.com/browse/creative < Here is the answer for your question.

XD
skull983398
09/28/2011 12:12 am
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
In reference to minecraft, I agree with you, wheres_mah_pai. However, creativity is the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.
jayydee308
09/27/2011 11:59 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
I think a creative server is a server where there are rules the catch griefers and this may sometimes have to keep you from flying until your a certain level in the game. But i think everyone should be free to spawn whatever items they want and build anywhere in the world that they want
P0CKETLINT13
09/27/2011 11:56 pm
Level 22 : Expert Demolitionist
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/creative < Here is the answer for your question.
JustaFleshWound
09/27/2011 11:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
The best creative server was probably the discovr.us one. There was a central hub that you could teleport to, and get whatever you wanted out of it. You were then free to build what you wanted. That is creative.
wheres_mah_pai
09/28/2011 12:36 am
Do you have an IP for it? I'd love to try it out.
wheres_mah_pai
09/27/2011 11:50 pm
Ok, I'm glad im not the only one who feels this way. It just seems like there are no real creative servers anymore.
Mr Creeper
09/27/2011 11:50 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
For me creative is do whatever you want, build whatever you want, greif whatever you want and kill whatever you want
FYIiamaspy162
09/27/2011 11:47 pm
Level 26 : Expert Spider Rider
Personally, I see Creative as as a place where you don't have to worry about PvP or griefing, you can just build whatever you want, whenever you want, without anyone to disturb your creativity.
Gotheredsox
09/27/2011 11:47 pm
Level 44 : Master Ninja
creative = $$$$ mola money XD jk creative is an adj for someone that has a good imaginagine
BlackFTW
09/27/2011 11:45 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
My definition of creative is with out limits of imagining, or makes very unique things that are complex or noone else has done.

So, if a server says it's creative, it should let the players have unlimited supplies and fly.
craftykids
09/28/2011 12:46 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
I agree.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome