What does it take? Great survival server?

TeamCraft-Robbie's Avatar TeamCraft-Robbie5/19/14 10:15 pm
5/30/2014 9:11 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie's Avatar TeamCraft-Robbie
Hey fellow minecrafters, I am writing here today because id like to know what you find enjoyable in Survival, Factions, Peaceful and/or any server type that's smiler.
I understand this server game mode is over used and far from original, but I believe if I can get the public opinion about what makes a good survival server, then I can concentrate the ideas into something everyone will love.
Please reply below, every comment will be read, and any sort of feedback will be appreciated.
Doesn't matter what it is, if you think it makes a survival server good, then post it below!

-plugins?
-staff?
-worlds?
-features?

I see this question appearing everywhere throughout the server community, so fill up the comments so other server owners can use it as a reference!!
TeamCraft-Robbie
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2014 9:11 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
one last shameful bump.....:p
05/29/2014 2:51 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Im sure someone has some more ideas
05/28/2014 8:18 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Bumpadump
05/27/2014 8:59 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
bump
05/24/2014 9:04 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Hunter
GigFlint
You need uniqueness if you're going to make a Factions/Survival server. But in order to do that, you'll need custom plugins. Whenever I look at a Factions title, if I see [CUSTOM PLUGINS] in the title, I'm going to that one over all others.
Also you need dedicated staff as the other one has said before. If you're expecting to get big, set up a website with forums for staff application, ban requests, ban appeals, and give the website an overall good look, not some enjin default minecraft theme.
Spawn is a big thing. You're spawn has to look good and everything must be included there. It's awlays confusing to look around a huge spawn and only find exits, and then you do /warp and find

/warp enchant
/warp wild
/warp wild1
/warp pvp
/warp shop
/warp spawn

Include everything in you're spawn, even if it means having to add multiverse and adding portals to those places.

That's all I got for now, good luck
05/24/2014 6:14 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Allright thanks, ill keep that in mind!
05/22/2014 9:22 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
silently *bumps* 0.o
05/21/2014 6:54 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Bump
05/20/2014 4:33 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Anyone else have any ideas?
05/20/2014 12:49 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Tamilist1
Well a good survival server needs a dedicated staff who is willing to help the players. Basic plugins like Essentials and worldguard are highly recommended. You don't want anyone destroying your spawn Adding fun plugins like mcmmo or Jobs is good for rewarding players for playing. Running a server takes a lot of work and patience, so don't get discouraged
05/20/2014 3:27 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Allright thanks for the advice! Means alot!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome