Whats a good, cheap/free host?

Redslimeguy12's Avatar Redslimeguy124/9/14 7:24 pm
4/10/2014 6:32 pm
DtigerCSK's Avatar DtigerCSK
I wanna make a server because my friends want to play with me on a server that we can actually do things that are FUN and not just like doing basic stuff. If this is some bad question.. or maybe like this kid of stuff shouldn't be posted here.. just tell me. Ill remove it when I have a chance. But I did have a server one time.. but it ddint last long. I mean I got pretty good staff.. then some ##### came and hax my DDoS. And ive found PLENTY of "free" hosts. They always destroy it after like an hour or a survey that fails and makes u download some virus. Im asking because im por and im only like 14 and my old host was BeastNode.. but before I found out the DDoS was hacked, I though it was just the host. My dad payed for it.. and he said he wont buy me anymore servers.. but maybe I can tell him about BuyCraft or something. But anyways, if this is spam.. I am sorry and i'll take it down.. like I said, as soon as I can. But anyways.. help..?
Redslimeguy12
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2014 6:32 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
Redslimeguy12Well, I could tell my dad about buycraft. like how it lets ppl donate.. but idk how to setup a website.. if that's wut u even do.. I mean ive seen vidoes where the free server things actually work.. but maybe I can like get the server.exe from minecraft.net and figure out how to port-forward or something. But maybe there IS a real free host and I cant find it.. :mrgreen:

Hosting servers are like investments. It's not guaranteed you will get your money back or gain a profit. The only free server hosts only last a few moments, they have heavy restrictions, and are overall unreliable. You won't be able to find any 24/7 hosting that you can actually use, as hosting servers requires money for hardware, internet, electricity, etc. to maintain.
Hosting a server yourself, however, is free(Not including electricity, hardware, etc). To do that you'll need a decent computer, a fast enough internet connection (the slower the internet you have, the less players you can support), and allowing external players to join. You can either port forward to allow external users to connect, or use a VPN software to let others connect.
04/10/2014 5:30 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Redslimeguy12
Well, I could tell my dad about buycraft. like how it lets ppl donate.. but idk how to setup a website.. if that's wut u even do.. I mean ive seen vidoes where the free server things actually work.. but maybe I can like get the server.exe from minecraft.net and figure out how to port-forward or something. But maybe there IS a real free host and I cant find it..
04/09/2014 11:48 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Taco
Developing_
If you don't have any money. Just host it off your PC. To make it 24/7 you may have to keep ur pc on ALL the time. But I recommend getting a host if you want it to become successful!
04/09/2014 10:17 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
There won't be any reliable free server hosts. The only way of creating a server would be hosting it on your own machine or renting from a hosting provider. If you don't have money, you'd be best off hosting your server on your own computer or getting money first, maybe by helping parents, getting a job, etc.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome