Why does everyone hate my server?

GiganticBlock's Avatar GiganticBlock9/30/13 10:43 am
1 emeralds 239 6
11/21/2014 6:42 pm
Peridotx_xDorito's Avatar Peridotx_xDorito
Hello everyone. I don't know why but everyone feel like my server is trash can where they can do anything they want. Almost all of the players ask me to be staff, say that the server is shit and they have nothing to do at it. Or they treat me to hack the server. I don't know why is this happening. I made my server to be very good. I spent many time on creating it but there is no players. I tried advertising as much as posibble. I even have a very good host. Everything on my server is perfect but still players are thinking that it is a crap server where they can do anything what they want. Does anyone know why is this happening? And how can i get normal players on? I am even being nice to players but still there is only few players at my server. So if you have any idea why is it like that then please tell me.
GiganticBlock
Level 35 : Artisan Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2013 5:08 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Yowziyowza2013
can any of you help me?? my forum is "minecraft server won't start"
11/21/2014 6:42 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Peridotx_xDorito
Please dont beg, anyway thats how i feel about my server
09/30/2013 12:12 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
Greifing and stealing are easily prevented by plugins, and if you use those plugins to the best of their abilities you could easily knock out these two rules. People who are told to not grief, often greif. But if you don't restrict them, and simply prevent it they will be more happy and not feel a much of a need too. And their griefs won't effect people who use the protection plugins in place. And even if they dirty something up, you can easily repair it.

Ill have to disagree with this. If people are not told what to do they will do whatever they want. Even if it can be prevented by plugins, there are some members that will say "Hey its not against the rules, lets go grief this unprotected piece of land".

Telling people to be friendly and respectful often has the opposite effect, if you tell them how to act they will most likely go against your wishes. However if you let them be free, they will be less irritated to other people and will generally be more polite and friendly.

Ill half agree with this. Although it can negatively affect some people, it can affect others, but having two rules I think is a no no. Maybe you can merge it into one?
09/30/2013 11:16 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Trishh_
From personal experiance, telling people to do things that involve behaviour like being friendly and respecting people etc. You should in my opinion take down all of the rules you have, because all of them are preventable in some way, and if you take them down it puts less stress and pressure on the players.

For example, PvPing being allowed is a given, they shouldn't think they need permission to fight eachother.

Greifing and stealing are easily prevented by plugins, and if you use those plugins to the best of their abilities you could easily knock out these two rules. People who are told to not grief, often greif. But if you don't restrict them, and simply prevent it they will be more happy and not feel a much of a need too. And their griefs won't effect people who use the protection plugins in place. And even if they dirty something up, you can easily repair it.

A rule like do not advertise, is a reasonable and good one that you could keep without effecting their gameplay. While having a no swear rule is something that could draw people away from your server. There are plugins out there that can simply block out swear words for you. Then you would have less moderation troubles as well.

Telling people to be friendly and respectful often has the opposite effect, if you tell them how to act they will most likely go against your wishes. However if you let them be free, they will be less irritated to other people and will generally be more polite and friendly.
However there are always situations where people can get out of hand, but you could classify their rage etc as Spam, which is another reasonable rule!

Just some ideas! Your gameplay looks fun to me, but the rules may make people feel too restricted making them lash out or not play, all just in my opinion. Good luck with your server!
09/30/2013 10:48 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Trishh_
Give us some info on your server, like your plugins and features and rules. Maybe even a picture of your spawn?
09/30/2013 10:57 am
Level 35 : Artisan Droid
GiganticBlock
Well it is adventure server. With many towns, dungeons, treasures, bosses and stuff like that. You can find pictures of the spawn at my server submisson. These pictures are outdated now spawn look alot better. And rules are simple.
1. PVP is allowed
2. Griefing is not allowed
3. Stealing is not allowed
4. Do not swear
5. Do not advertise
6. Be friendly
7. Respect everyone
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome