Help Me Make A Good Server

mustafa5095's Avatar mustafa50952/1/21 5:54 am history
2/4/2021 4:29 am
Pepecstasy's Avatar Pepecstasy
How Can I Make A Good Server For Free?

Help Me I Don't Know What To Do
mustafa5095
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Pepecstasy
02/04/2021 4:29 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
history
Hello Mustafa5095
I find server hosting websites irritating. Starting your own Minecraft server is as easy as dipping your oreos in milk, I'd say you need to devote 45 minutes to get the perfect minecraft server running on your network PORT FORWARDED so anyone in the world can join.

What you'll need:
* A computer
it can be an old laptop or your gaming PC where you'll run your server 24 / 7 just change the power settings so that the laptop never goes into battery saving mode)
* Decent internet connection which is very common in 2021
* Access to your internet router (you may ask your dad if you don't know the password)

The list goes on and on, it will be very hard if you don't get any visual guidance so simply this post won't do.

I've watched several Minecraft Server Hosting tutorials on YouTube.
To be honest, most of them are pretty lazily edited and they missed the most important part, getting your PORT FORWARDING to work.

Because of this laziness, I decided to create a Minecraft Server Hosting tutorial on YouTube so CONCISE that it will make your brain satisfied for good.

TL;DR: Watch my server hosting tutorial and read the video description as you're watching:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLT1HGmDfcU&t=423s
Papa Enny
02/01/2021 6:56 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Scapegoat Dwarf
Free hosting pages are more for some friends, not a whole group

by FHs you need to wait in the queque until your server will be able to be on(it can take hours)
ZonkedCompanion
02/01/2021 6:52 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
You cant do it for free.* You either have to pay for hosting, or if you have your own hardware you have to pay for the electricity.

In my experience both options cost about the same, although it should be taken in to consideration that hardware fails and will incur repair and maintenance costs on top of energy bills. Basically you have to do the math, if you have viable hardware you need to know how much power it is using then calculate how much that will cost you to leave running 24/7 based on your energy tariff. It might work out cheaper to pay the electricity bill, or it might work out cheaper to just pay for hosting.

Now something which I haven't mentioned is that if you are self hosting firstly you need a CPU with moderate-excellent single core benchmarks, SSD storage, and an absolute minimum of 10mbps upload speed from your ISP. (10mbps could potentially support up to 20 players without ping rates getting too high.)

*There are free hosts out there but you get what you pay for, and as you aren't paying you don't get a lot.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome