I just fired up a brand new server, now what

Sir Beardy's Avatar Sir Beardy8/9/19 12:56 am history
1 emeralds 222 3
8/13/2019 2:32 pm
LegendOfYukari's Avatar LegendOfYukari
you've probably some of the huge server hub's that have the portals that take you to stuff like PVP/creative/factions and minigames, so my question is whats a simple way of making this possible and will i need multiple servers (i run through apex hosting)

EDIT: this is why you post to the fourms because the second you do you figure it out
Sir Beardy
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/13/2019 2:32 pmhistory
Level 20 : Expert Network
LegendOfYukari
This is my best advice - don't start with multi server hubs and gamemodes. From servers I have administered and even owned (trial and error is key), Promising multiple game modes would actually reverse the hype effect leaving people assuming you have used a server preset (in which Apex has tons of them). Configuring multi hub servers is even harder than it seems written down on paper. Start small. Try to write persuasive reasons on how this server will work. Its better to prove it as writing it down is clearly easier than performing it.

Try a simple gamemode such as Survival, as it does not require a whole ton of configuring. From there, learn how to configure newer features and try to learn things (either trial and error or tutorials). Research demographics and trends to find whats popular (plugins, versions, features). Instead of creating empty promises and ideas, try to make persuasive reasons on why to join and support for smaller project. From there, gather a reasonable sized playerbase. Learn how to configure plugins (trial+error or tutorials).
08/12/2019 7:28 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Now, shut it down and decide exactly what you want to do with it, because a server without a vision is, in my humble opinion, an utter waste of time. Pick what you want to do. Decide how you want to contend with everyone else doing the exact same thing you do, if you care to compete. Learn how to operate a server without trying the simplest route, because through that you're not going to learn very much and you're going to be eaten by the piranhas who did take the time to learn.

Then fire it back up, equipped with a clue and a vision to make that box useful. Just my two cents.
08/11/2019 11:05 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
Codewow
For the best experience, yes you'll want multiple servers.

You'll need bungee cord to connect them all, then setup each server for what you want it to be. Build them, etc. Get all your plugins configured and centralized on a database so that each server utilizes the same data and boom you're done.

Sounds easy, but it's not. It takes a lot of time and money to make a worthwhile multi-server network.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome