IS THE SERVER OVERLOADED? Well it shouldn't be

stillg0ld's Avatar stillg0ld8/26/19 10:55 pm
2 emeralds 185 2
9/2/2019 6:06 pm
_Mark_Watney_'s Avatar _Mark_Watney_
So I'm currently running a server with the new snapshot at 4gb allocated mem for friends and family. Me and my wife however have a local world with quite a few mods (~100) on forge 1.12.2. It's annoying having to open the world to LAN constantly and not being able to let her in unless I am on, so I opened another port and created a server for this world as well. Problem is, it's not running worth a darn. I'm allocating 10gb memory to the server and it's not using but 10%, the gui also shows avg tick at 30-50ms however i'm still constantly getting the 'server overloading/skipping ticks' warning on the console. It runs a lot better on her PC but still lags pretty badly. On my end, it's like a constant rubberband. Here's my PC specs.
-Ryzen 5 2600X OC'd 3.95ghz
-Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200mhz RAM
-Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 OC'd
I even stopped the other server for the time being but no luck. I'm wondering if maybe this CPU just can't process the server or if maybe there's some tweaking or settings I could adjust in the server props to fix this. Alternatively, I wonder if closing the port and running the server locally may reduce lag? Any input would be appreciate! Thank you
stillg0ld
Level 1 : New Miner