Need Second Opinionsnear_me

Ins0mn1a's Avatar Ins0mn1a6/6/23 2:54 pm
2 emeralds 235 3
8/21/2023 11:37 pm
OswaldNo's Avatar OswaldNo
I have this idea for my server, and I think it could be amazing. But I need second opinions, because if it doesn't work out like I hope it could be a disaster.

I have been playing a lot of survival island, and watching old Minecraft letsplays, and I realized something. Minecraft feels like an infinite being just explored their backyard. Back in the day, survival Minecraft was, well, survival.

And then my idea struck.

A huge island custom built. Ores scattered around accordingly, huge terrain and epic sights. Exploration would become almost a staple, with all sorts of cool things to do and see. Dungeons which regenerate, huge volcanoes, and deep caves. Almost like the Totk map. But the catch is that beds don't work. You cannot set your respawn or skip the night. When you respawn, you appear back at the whole server's spawn, just like everyone else. This means every build means more. Diamond armor would show that they took a risk. Castles of grandeur would appear near spawn, but the server's urban zones would expand as players grow bolder. I would add some more datapacks like epic terrain and dungeons outside the island, if they dare venture that far. I would also make minecarts faster and get rid of villager trading halls and elytra. Cords would be off so that bases and item systems must be identified by terrain and builds. The website would have a Dynamap render, but I would only render areas mapped out on a spawn map.

I have a vision of players teaming up in huge groups. Players on horseback, mapping out the land. I have visions of netherite and diamond being a flex again. I have a vision of players fearing death, rather than it being just a minor inconvenience. And my vision is not that these features like beds, elytra, and cords would be locked forever, rather huge serverwide dungeon raids and build projects being required to earn all these overpowered staples of Minecraft. I want survival to be about surviving, and I want a players death to mean something to the group they're in.

Is this as epic as I am imagining, or is this just a pipe dream that'll fail in execution? Please use the poll and comment any thoughts.
Ins0mn1a
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer