Server Ban Lookup

Triangulum598's Avatar Triangulum5985/24/20 2:22 pm
5/27/2020 3:01 am
ioblu's Avatar ioblu
Alright, so I've been wanting this for a while, but is there any way I can look up if a user has been banned on a server before? If there isn't a way, what servers are there that post their bans to their forums so I can check on them?
Triangulum598
Level 10 : Journeyman Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/25/2020 3:47 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
There is a plugin that provides the exact service you are describing, servers with the plugin on their servers have their bans logged to a public database. https://www.mcbans.com/
05/25/2020 9:11 pm
Triangulum598
I've seen that, however the plugin automatically bans people for racism and griefing, and as controversial as it sounds that conflicts with our principle of free speech and well, it's a factions server the whole PURPOSE is to grief. I think there's more that conflict with our rules/principles but I cant check because

also I should probably explain the whole "racism rule conflicting with our server" thing, we have a system where we only ban for chat offenses if they're A, reported to us by someone directly involved (victim, someone that was told by the victim, etc.), and B, is directly targeted at one person. to be more specific, it goes against rule 2a.

so yeah, that one doesn't work because it automatically enforces rules that go against our own, and it seems to be abandoned, as I couldn't join the discord server or forums. I just checked the banlist for it, and 90% of the bans seem to be stealing, racism, griefing, and I only found one legit hack.
05/24/2020 6:04 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Ladybug
ioblu
No, I don't think there is. If you want to know if they're dodgy or not, you can search their Minecraft username and see if any player-submitted reports of them show up.
05/25/2020 12:36 pm
Triangulum598
I try that, but usually because of how active I am on twitter it's all like "Oh yOu wAnT ThIs iRrElIvAnT DeAd tWiTtEr aCcOuNt"
05/27/2020 3:01 am
Level 35 : Artisan Ladybug
ioblu
If you're using Google, you can exempt certain words from showing up in the search results.
For example, typing
TriangulumAC -twitter

will stop any twitter results from showing up.
05/24/2020 5:59 pm
Level 20 : Expert Mage
Magezky
If you have administrative permission, do /banlist. If not it all depends if the server shares bans or not. How ever, there are some programs out there that can do what you're looking for, they are sold for a price and may not be reliable.
05/25/2020 12:43 pm
Triangulum598
do you know what they're called? I might look into it, because I saw a global-ban plugin (mcbans) that had a bunch of rules that conflicted with ours, such as a few that inhibit free speech. don't get me wrong, I don't like racism, but I hate censorship more and there's nothing more fucking infuriating to me than someone that doesn't agree with you going through your history to find out how many N-words you've dropped to get you banned, so I'd rather just let people express their thoughts freely as long as it's not targeted at one person in particular and everyone is ok with it. that, and griefing, which is the whole premise of factions. that, and it seems to be an abandoned project
05/25/2020 1:05 pm
Magezky
I don't know their names, my friend used to market them ages ago. I'm sure they are still around, though I'd search on McMarket for those kinds of third-party programs. The site is really trustworthy, and most of the people there are serious and way more experienced than me within these programs.
05/25/2020 1:07 pm
Triangulum598
alright, I'll try that, thank you
05/25/2020 1:10 pm
Magezky
Any time
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com