How to change minecraft skin files that are jpg to into png

Coolkid2099's Avatar Coolkid20992/17/20 10:57 am history
2 emeralds 7.2k 8
11/16/2021 6:40 pm
yogurt_the_lizorb's Avatar yogurt_the_lizorb
This is very confusing for me since Google doesn't know the answer. This is just, for others like me who have this problem. I also use Minecraft skin. com to edit my skins. Can you tell me what website did you use, since I edit on my phone and I now realize the skins I didn't complete. This would help me a lot, any answers are welcome. Also, can the answer be proven recently not like a thing that had in 2010?
Coolkid2099
Level 39 : Artisan Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/12/2021 2:17 am
Level 1 : New Miner
davejindal
To change any jpg to png files, you can use any online tool available. Just google it and you will find them such as https://jpg2png.com/ and https://convertx2y.com/jpg-to-png/
05/17/2021 1:24 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
GrimWitherYT
Can you just rename it to png and it will change
11/16/2021 6:40 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Procrastinator
yogurt_the_lizorb
No.
12/11/2020 12:28 am
Level 1 : New Miner
The White-haired Sniper
i use my phone to edit my skins using skin creator 3d but when i save them to my photos and export them through mail it goes as jpeg not png. ive tried file conversion and any other way i could think of but nothing changed it. i want it to look just how i designed it. can someone help me with fixing this?
02/17/2020 12:04 pm
Level 28 : Expert Electrician
Rami-slicer
Pretty much any competent image editor should be able to export to png, jpeg, bmp, etc.
02/17/2020 12:00 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Creeper
thedarkcave
Use this site:
https://jpg2png.com/
02/24/2020 4:22 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Artist
Coolkid2099
this didn't help much it ruin the skin
12/11/2020 2:04 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Bear
CatosBobu123
Jpeg is by default a bad image format for skin images because they're tiny and as such the lossy compression becomes more obvious. If it looks blurry, it's not the change from jpeg to png as much as it's the fact that it was a jpeg at some point at all.

What I would do in your situation is the following:

Download paint.net or something similar.

Send my image from my phone to my PC so I could use paint.net

Expand the image to around twice the size

Select the whole image and select the move selection tool(blue arrow).

Disable anti-aliasing and set the quality to "nearest neighbor"

Hold the shift key, THEN click on the corner of the selection, and, while holding shift, reduce the image to the original size.

While the smaller image is still selected, go to image->crop to selection

The image should now be usable as a skin, and it SHOULD look A BIT less blurry. So after that, you can save your image as a png by clicking on "Save as".

However the white space looks kind of annoying and might appear on your skin as a white layer and it looks ugly, so if you want to remove that, here's what you do:

Download any average skin(a template Steve? or Alex skin should work best for skins with no 3D layers. For skins with 3D layers, use skins with a "take off the 3D layer" gimmick on them, like this random skin that I just found: https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/bigby---wolf-layer/ , and after using this there might still be chunks of white space remaining, you can select that with the select tool and then erase it with the delete button. You can also use the eraser, but it's messy and hard to control, and you're gonna have to disable anti-aliasing with it).

Open in another tab that image you downloaded. Or in another layer, but that's more complicated.

Select the magic wand tool

Change the flood mode to the blue rain cloud instead of the light bulb.

Right-click on any blank space(it should appear as a white-and-grey checkerboard pattern.

If anything else than blank space is selected, decrease the tolerance bar.

Copy the selection via Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X.

Go to your skin and paste the blank space with Ctrl+V.

If you don't know how to disable anti-aliasing, look in the top section for a curvy line that crosses three dots.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome