Is it okay to break up a large data pack into smaller submissions?

Brackenstrike's Avatar Brackenstrike5/5/21 2:01 pm
4 emeralds 147 7
12/2/2021 5:33 pm
yogurt_the_lizorb's Avatar yogurt_the_lizorb
A few months ago I started up a big data pack project where I added 11 dimensions to Minecraft. Because some of the dimensions are more popular than others, I've had requests to release single-dimension versions of the data pack. This sounds like a good idea, but I'm worried that because both the main pack and a single dimension release will possess similar content that it might qualify as spam.

Is it a good idea for me to release a single dimension release of a larger pack I've already made within PMC's guidelines?

Also, even if it is, is it a bad idea anyway because it might come off as being gimmicky and lazy? I just want to be really careful about how I should proceed, and need good insight about a platform I'm still not too familiar with.
Brackenstrike
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/02/2021 5:33 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Procrastinator
yogurt_the_lizorb
yes. And if anyone wants all of them, put them all in a collection.
05/06/2021 8:56 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Baconator
cookedporkbacon
I think you will be fine. You're Bracken pack is obviously not low-effort, and I don't think anyone at PMC would be upset as long as you have a good reason for breaking it up. I have posted three versions of my Grindcutter datapack, each with slightly different features, and nobody has gotten upset.
05/05/2021 9:24 pm
Level 29 : Expert Musician
Echo4Al8RexCoco
I myself have limited knowledge but in my opinion as long as you call it like, "Bracken Pack: Pax Addon," then it should make it clear that it is just part of it I guess? Another idea is to make a folder in Google Drive which contains the minipacks. You could link this at the bottom of your Bracken Pack datapack.
05/05/2021 3:24 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Princess
Triangulum598
honestly, yeah. not only will it help people with worse internet that may not be able to download the whole thing at once very quickly, which even then how bad does it have to be, it allows people to pick and choose which dimensions they want. I would say go for it.
05/06/2021 8:38 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Datapacks do not/should not take a long time to download. You get extremely heavy datapacks with like 10mb at the very most because the only thing that makes it up are folders and text files.
e.g. My pandas eat everything datapack on my hard disk is only 32kb
05/06/2021 12:52 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Princess
Triangulum598
naaah, I mean those unlucky people that somehow have internet that's that bad that a few megabytes is like trying to download the entire internet
05/05/2021 3:21 pm
Level 44 : Master Engineer
Luish54
In my opinion, I think you should divide them into a maximum of 5 data packs and one in specific that is the main data pack (the core) and the rest are "addons".

Sorry for my English.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome