A request for a Datapack that lights up all caves within a certain radius

ThreeStep's Avatar ThreeStep8/21/20 9:23 pm
8/26/2020 2:27 am
One_Nose's Avatar One_Nose
I'm currently having some issues with a few of my farms due to the poor locations that i've chosen to make them.

Rather than remake them completely, i want to light up all the surrounding caves so that the farms reach near peak efficieny.

I did some googling and was able to come across this plugin: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/torchlight.70034/

But i'm not running a Spigot server and i don't want to fiddle around with the host so that i can run Spigot

Instead i'm looking for someone to hopefully recreate that plugin as a datapack for 1.16.2 and that is hopefully server friendly.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
ThreeStep
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

One_Nose
08/22/2020 11:44 pm
He/Him • Level 58 : Grandmaster Dragonborn Hero
Unfortunately it's not possible using data packs.
Francielly
08/23/2020 7:10 am
Level 8 : Apprentice uwu
Actually is, but it will lag a lot.

My idea is simple fill the entire chunck with torches replacing cave_air but only one x/y/z per time, and only if theres a stone/ore/cave_block(tag) under the cave_air and the light level is less than 8 (so you get most efficiency with this), but, like I stated above, it will laggy so much.
One_Nose
08/25/2020 4:01 pm
Not laggy as you think, but it will fill caves with torches which is not what we want.
Francielly
08/25/2020 4:58 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice uwu
wait, wait, i aint filling the entire chuck at once, what i said was checking each xyz of that chunck recursively and see if the conditions matches to place a torch. this is laggy, because i'm not just filling the caves.
One_Nose
08/26/2020 2:27 am
You don't check all chunks, just the ones that are near the player. And it won't be so laggy. I have data packs that does a lot more than that.
ElectroSheep_
08/23/2020 8:40 am
Level 42 : Master Procrastinator
If it was an item which just ran everything once it would cause a bit of a hiccough in tps, but it shouldn't be too lagy if it's not running constantly
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome