DataPack dimension of an already created world.

Xyle_Yoshi's Avatar Xyle_Yoshi8/21/20 3:14 pm
2 emeralds 106 6
8/25/2020 3:34 pm
Francielly's Avatar Francielly
I've seen a bunch of Data packs with custom dimensions that generate new custom worlds, but is there a way to import a completely different world that's already been built in as it's own dimension in a different world?
Xyle_Yoshi
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/23/2020 7:14 amhistory
Level 8 : Apprentice uwu
Francielly
I think you can export that worldgen settings, then craete a custom dimension based on those settings, later you will just need to replace the dimension folder in your save with the already created world regions folder.

edit: yes! it works, exactly like that
08/24/2020 5:27 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon
Xyle_Yoshi
Could you make a post showing how you did that? I've just started making my dimension datapack and I'm not very good at it.
08/25/2020 3:34 pm
Francielly
I never did a public tutorial before... but I'll try my best!
08/21/2020 3:17 pm
Level 29 : Expert Geek
Stalkative
Nope, datapacks can only specify random worldgen stuff. It can only include buildings by randomly generating them.

It might be possible to define a dimension in a datapack and then just include the world folder of an existing world to overwrite the dimension's worldgen, but I'm not sure
08/22/2020 11:43 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Hero
One_Nose
You can choose the seed for your dimension, but not more than that.
08/23/2020 7:58 amhistory
Francielly
actually the new worldgen/biomes settings are a lot more customizable, you can set the seed, structures pool, biomes, and the way the world will generate. In the biomes part, you can choose biome colors, mobs, structures, particles, carvers, and features (trees, grass, flowers, ...)

and not saying about the customized multi_noise settings which allows you to really change the biomes landscape (and it's the only way to add new biomes without replacing an vanilla one)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome