Gathering datapack ideas

Gnasez's Avatar Gnasez8/17/20 7:30 am
9/4/2020 9:26 pm
Chiseled's Avatar Chiseled
Hi, guys. I am a datapack maker and is very familiar with commands.
I used to make them myself, but recently I found out that you guys always come up with some fantastic ideas.
I would very much appreciate if you can leave some interesting ideas.
If you have some ideas, leave them here, and I will try to make them into a datapack.
If you don't have any ideas, it is also very kind of you to check this post out.
Gnasez
Level 48 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/03/2020 12:45 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Chiseled
Hello, I'm glad you made this post!

As 1.16 is still relatively new, hype for the nether has never been higher except when it was created. Nether only survivals have been extremely popular on YouTube - but there are no perfect data packs for the best experience.

I propose you make the perfect version (Nether only survival)! People like survival packs the best as you can have extensive customized playthroughs. This is what I think it would include:

- Spawn in nether with nothing but a respawn anchor and 4 flowstone, perhaps with 30s of fire resistance in case of bad spawn.
- Standing anywhere in daylight or nightlight in the overworld would cause you to be on fire. Water would cause small damage and slowness. This is to encourage a true "nether only" survival, but NOT MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE to go to the overworld. You can get fire resistance potions from the nether, so your time there would be severely limited!
- Remove all achievements that would be almost impossible (such as certain adventuring and husbandry ones, as limited overworld time would be in the playthrough
- The end portal would either be in the overworld normally OR you could make it custom, being somewhere in the nether. It would warp you to the roof of the nether, where the end battle would take place.
- New achievements?
09/03/2020 5:00 pm
Gnasez
Sorry, just fyi I am still at school. So probably I won't be making any content and the Zesangli PMC account will be dead for quite a few months. But brilliant idea you've got there.
09/04/2020 9:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Chiseled
Appreciate it, good luck with classes!
08/17/2020 10:38 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist
Jeffboy70
Add a biome in the overworld that has lots of ruined portals and is made of netherrack and other nether blocks. It would be where the nether is creeping into the overworld.
08/17/2020 10:53 am
Gnasez
Nope
08/17/2020 9:09 amhistory
Level 46 : Master Loremaster
yoshiciao
make a datapack that adds skyworlds
(also an amish paradise by weird al disc)
08/17/2020 9:37 am
Gnasez
I don't quite understand, can you explain further?
08/17/2020 7:38 am
Level 49 : Master Creeper
Juliancito135
Hello! Here are some ideas:

-Craftable saddles
-Craftable tridents
-Craftable name tags
-Better durability gold tools
-Minable mob spawners
-Emerald spawns in more biomes, not only extreme hills
-Redstone, lapislazuli and emerald tools
08/17/2020 7:41 am
Gnasez
More craftable items are easy
Minable mob spawner is ok
Don't know if I can change durability and spawn rate.
I can't add items to game via a datapack.

Conclusion: will do a more craftable items and a minable mob spawner
thx
08/17/2020 8:28 am
Level 29 : Expert Geek
Stalkative
You can't change durability, but you can use custom nbt and some commands to "override" the durability
The ore thing can be done using the new worldgen features (I highly recommend checking them out if you haven't yet, they're really cool)
You can't add items, but you can use CustomModelData to add different textures to existing items, which comes very close to custom items
08/17/2020 8:40 am
Level 40 : Master Button Pusher
Creativity Shark
I wish I knew how those worldgen tool work, they look so scary!
08/17/2020 9:06 am
Level 29 : Expert Geek
Stalkative
It is very experimental, so a lot might change (meaning a lot might become easier), but if you want to find out how stuff works right now:
- The Minecraft wiki has pages for custom worldgen and custom dimensions
- slicedlime has posted vanilla worldgen files that can be used as a reference

If you want to add emerald ore to plains for example, it's just a matter of copying the plains file and then copying a single line from the mountains file to your plains file. Downside is if you want to do it for every biome it can be very tedious and not compatible with other packs that edit vanilla biomes
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome