I would like to shear p e o p l e

metalbunny's Avatar metalbunny6/14/21 4:19 am
3 emeralds 134 9
6/16/2021 4:22 pm
metalbunny's Avatar metalbunny
This is my first post to the forums so please spare me if I'm doing something wrong!! As the title suggests, I'd like to find a way to either make a datapack/maybe modpack (or a command block(s) if possible) to make it so if I try to use shears on a player it will drop a block of wool (it would be cyan wool if it matters). It's for a lorepoint in an smp I am working on with some friends and it'd add a new layer to the character (Her name is Julez if you care lmao). Any help is appreciated!! I am pretty basic when it comes to command/coding skills just an FYI.
metalbunny
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/15/2021 4:33 pm
Level 29 : Expert Peacock
Pop300
*chuckles*
06/14/2021 8:02 pmhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
You need to have right click detection with your shears and detect if the player is in front of the you.
I suggest you make this via a datapack for which bertiecrafter has put up a tutorial in pmc, as one of the core functions this concept would require usually isnt adequate without being in a datapack/function

There are 3 main functions, the right click detection (to detect if you've right clicked on the person), storing the nbt of the shears into a storage and changing the durability via a /item item modifier (optional, but more realistic), and raycasting + shearing the person.

Theres also more potential questions you need to answer, such as if shearing the player should get a cooldown.

These are all really advanced commands/datapack features and assumes you know commands/features like
  • /execute (for right click detection)
  • /data storage
  • /execute store (to store nbt of shears into a storage)
  • /item (to give back the item and change the durability nbt of the shears; 1.17+ command)
Do you want the shears to lose durability?
If you dont, this becomes a lot easier and would only require right click detection and raycasting + shearing the wool.

If you want to make the datapack yourself I can also supply your the raycasting generator.
Alternatively I can make a datapack for it (and be hopefully done with it in 1-2 weeks), as this idea is very interesting
06/15/2021 4:20 pm
metalbunny
YOOOOOO!!! Thanks for the reply!! I don't mind if the shears don't lose durability and It would be super cool if you want to make it! When we upload/stream the smp I'll definitely make sure to credit you as well!
06/16/2021 7:26 am
HoboMaggot
Do you want the action to have a cooldown as well?
06/16/2021 4:22 pm
metalbunny
If it isn't too big of a problem to get working sure! It'd prolly be like 30 seconds maybe?
06/14/2021 8:18 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Mlem Mlem Bat
HuoKnight
Where would you need execute store and data storage, all you need is right click detection, a scoreboard, and /item for the durability, plus (assuming its 1.17, since you used /item) there is a predicate for looking at entity, so you don't actually need raycast
06/14/2021 10:23 pmhistory
HoboMaggot
Forgot about lookat entity
Execute store is to get the durability of the shears in a score, which then reduces by 1. The changed durability is then stored into a storage and the item modifier is used on the shears with the durability value taken from storage
06/14/2021 7:38 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
MJ_mcMaster
phoenixSC made a datapack that shears people
BUT
it drops HAIR
06/14/2021 4:39 am
Level 1 : New Miner
DragonQueen3328
I don't know of any data or mod packs but when I read the title I was so confused XD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome