Looking for someone experienced with command blocks and functions, for an existing minigamefavorite

prototype464's Avatar prototype4643/21/24 6:05 pm
3/27/2024 12:59 am
prototype464's Avatar prototype464
Howdy, so over the past ~2 1/2 years or so I'd been working with a good friend of mine on a minigame called Battling Bridges. 90% vanilla-powered via command blocks, redstone, scoreboards, and most recently, functions. We also decided to use Shopkeepers and WorldGuard for convenience sake. Unfortunately my buddy's moved on to other things, and that leaves me with a decently comprehensive minigame that is currently in need of a refactor, (literally) top-to-bottom, code-wise. Fortunately, this will allow you to get a fairly quick understanding of the system if you've got the experience.

The "mines" where people mine ores for currencies to use at the shops need to be converted from command block strips to a smarter function that uses scoreboards since they are very tedious to configure manually, and part of the reason for the refactor is to implement custom map support instead of the one we've used since the beginning. My skills are not as good as my friend, I understand most of the systems but some stuff such as scoreboards I haven't quite gotten the hang of yet and I think I struggle with planning ahead. I also work best when I have someone to bounce off of development-wise.

Since this is a minigame being designed for fun and activity within my in-development network, and because I currently lack the money to pay folks right now (that will change), I can't promise pay. So I'm looking for someone who enjoys working on this kind of stuff as much as I do, and understands these kinds of systems.

If you'd be interested, leave a comment here and/or shoot me a friend request on Discord: prototype464

You can also find my server here, but if we work together, you'll be invited to the Development server
prototype464
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer