Would a fermentation recipe be hard to make a data pack for?

JulesInSpace's Avatar JulesInSpace4/13/22 12:39 am
4/14/2022 4:21 am
Kefaku's Avatar Kefaku
I've been pondering a way to add slime balls in peaceful, and have decided that a fermentation of water, honey block, and moss in a cauldron would make sense to my head.
So far I've only used data packs, not made them. Would this be an ok place to start? I've not seen any examples of a fermentation recipe so I'm wondering if this is a more difficult thing.
JulesInSpace
Level 13 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/13/2022 3:07 am
Level 41 : Master Nerd
Kefaku
It sounds not that hard to do, but I'm not sure whether I understood you correctly.
You want the honey block and moss items to lie inside of a filled cauldron for some time and then be turned into slime balls, right?
04/13/2022 3:16 am
JulesInSpace
Yes, that's the idea. There's a similar dynamic in the AE2 mod to make Fluix and pure crystals, but it lets you use any water anywhere.
04/13/2022 3:21 am
Kefaku
But you want it to only work in cauldrons?
You said, you have never created a datapack. Have you at least some experience using commands?
04/13/2022 3:26 am
JulesInSpace
I'd prefer it to make use of the cauldron, but I think I may be out of my depth.
I've a little experience with commands, not fluent.
04/13/2022 3:28 am
Kefaku
Okay. As I said it's not that hard to do.
Do you want me to explain things to you or would you rather try yourself and ask me if you come across any questions?
04/14/2022 3:31 am
JulesInSpace
Thanks for the generous offer. I'll have a go, might be a few days, battling migraine. Didn't want you to think I'd just ghosted.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome