[A sad news.]China, the largest forum called MCBBS, has ceased to operate.

Dark_Sharks's Avatar Dark_Sharks2/25/24 4:21 am
4 emeralds 939 5
3/6/2024 1:15 am
9M113_Konkurs's Avatar 9M113_Konkurs
Yes, you heard me right. This famous forum stopped running.
Because of force majeure, the forum cannot be maintained.
I am sad. I have many good friends there.
I think this is a cold winter for Minecraft in China.
The original forum website is here:www.mcbbs.net/forum.php
Dark_Sharks
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/25/2024 5:27 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
LInk generates a security warning.

Curious as to what event triggered this, Minecraft seems like something the ChiComs would be more inclined to let run (but monitor) as a way of flushing out 'reactionary elements' [​or whatever this year's term of art for political opposition is].
03/05/2024 7:38 amhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
9M113_Konkurs
This has nothing to do with political oppression (contrary to popular belief maybe?).
Sauce: I'm Chinese.

Before NetEase Minecraft was born, Minecraft was basically, yeah, un-legalized. Meaning that NetEase, being one of the biggest Chinese internet tycoons that runs Minecraft for China, theoretically can take any action against anything related to Minecraft, in China, that are not sanctioned by it. Very obviously NetEase wants to overrun the Chinese community and make everything under its control. No one likes NetEase so the company decided to go the hard way via DDoSing the forum. Note that NetEase was also the likely culprit behind multiple DDoS attacks on home-grown (as opposed to NetEase's) Chinese Minecraft servers.

A typical instance of corporate greed, but nothing politics. Perhaps our politicians are too busy for Minecraft.
03/05/2024 4:26 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Sounds like cronyism to me…
— — — — — — — — —

…and having everyihing under one large 'company' would further governmental monitoring/interference.
03/06/2024 1:15 amhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
9M113_Konkurs
Yeah it's cronyism but still, the government doesn't want to, can't and won't control everything. Especially when it comes to video games where the majority of the Chinese gaming community don't frequently voice out their concerns compared to those who actually do so frequently (i.e. parents, educators and game companies). They'd put more effort in hushing those loud babies than controlling some remote pixel game called Minecraft.
02/25/2024 5:55 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Dark_Sharks
Because there is a game company named NetEase in China that represents the game.So the operation of the forum is actually illegal.Well, the website can't get in because the website has been cancelled.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome