Anyone interested in Joining a Private Multiplayer Server?

Xeous's Avatar Xeous7/10/19 6:09 pm
2 emeralds 153 3
7/10/2019 9:06 pm
Thonck's Avatar Thonck
Hello all,

I've been thinking about setting up a whitelisted Minecraft server to create a small private community where users pay £5 per month to play on the server. The server will be free from grief, have serious and friendly players, have player owned stores which will make great content for anyone wanting to create YT videos, will have plenty of memory and CPU meaning the server will not be laggy and will also provide excellent opportunities in the future as the server may switch to mod packs depending on the majority votes. Just wondering if anyone would be interested?

Thanks.
Xeous
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/10/2019 9:06 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
Thonck
Why is it paid? This seems pretty scummy, not gonna lie... You're probably not gonna get any players with 5 quid per month. Why not just make the server monetized with ranks instead?
07/10/2019 7:47 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
litfam
I would join, but Im broke
07/10/2019 7:04 pmhistory
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Silverbards Studios
Hello! While at first glance this sounds like a wonderful idea to create a carefully selected community, I’m pretty sure the 5 quid per month part is against the latest EULA.

You can find the reference to what I mean here: https://account.mojang.com/terms#commercial .

I’ll also quote the part in question:

“Therefore, if you comply with and follow the Brand and Asset Usage Guidelines and Naming Guidelines above YOU MAY:
  • charge for access to your server, including a server which hosts your Mods, BUT only if:
    • you make a single charge per person that is the same for everyone;
    • you give everyone you charge, access to all the Mods that you choose to have on your server (except only in respect of genuine admin tools / admin Mods which should be reserved to administrators);
    • you only give access to your server to users who have a genuine paid for version of Minecraft;
    • you own or control the server and continue to do so for the whole time that you charge for access to it - so, if you sell the actual servers or server space with Mods pre-installed on them, you must ensure that the person buying the server is aware that he or she must follow these rules. Essentially you can’t get round the rules above by setting up servers with Mods on and then selling those set-ups; and
    • overall your access charges should be targeted to cover your operational costs of running the server.”

Now, I am really not sure if this case is exactly what they meant, but really seems like it. Especially since I have yet to see a server with recurring memberships for just joining.

In any case, you probably won’t get into big trouble until Mojang notices, if they do even, but I’m pretty sure they do react once they see an EULA violation. It’s a legal document, after all.

All the best,
Dusan
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome