Are newer Minecraft versions ruining the modding world?

JozyP's Avatar JozyP10/30/15 6:11 pm
1 emeralds 417 5
10/30/2015 9:05 pm
JozyP's Avatar JozyP
As some of you know, mod makers are having a rough time and servers run by plugins are having a hard time in the newest Minecraft updates. How do you feel about what Minecraft is doing to this part of the community? While it is promoting map makers and vanilla servers it is ruining the modern plugin servers and destroying the moddingc community. What are you thoughts on the subject?
JozyP
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/30/2015 9:05 pm
JozyP
Da0boss0xIn my opinion, there are very few quality mods out there. Most of it only adds stupid weapons and armor that have poorly remodels textures of the default ones.

So true
10/30/2015 7:15 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Loremaster
Spectral
I really don't know. I guess the updates make it so that some mods are useless, like the 1.8 update made all horses mods useless, but it doesn't really affect too much of other mods. It makes vanilla more interesting and easier for people who don't use mods. In my opinion, there are very few quality mods out there. Most of it only adds stupid weapons and armor that have poorly remodels textures of the default ones.
10/30/2015 6:21 pm
JozyP
Fantasymaster
No idea where this is gonna go, and tbh I'm curious.

Me too
10/30/2015 6:16 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
not being a modder, I don't think my opinions will be accurate. However, I feel like the skill level required for modding in 1.8 and higher has gone up. I'm not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing (less crappy mods, but also less mods in general cause more effort to make them?), but it is definitely a change.

In the meantime, it is becoming ever easier for vanilla mapmakers to make complex maps that almost simulate mods (especially in 1.9).

No idea where this is gonna go, and tbh I'm curious.
10/30/2015 6:13 pm
JozyP
The post above is my 160th post. This is my 161st post. Yeah...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome