Cold Bland Charmless Modern Builds

The_Growl's Avatar The_Growl10/3/16 2:42 pm
1 emeralds 377 7
10/4/2016 2:34 am
The_Growl's Avatar The_Growl
Why do so many builders who build modern insist on an interior with colours in the grayscale. It's so boring. And so heartless. Why the constant, non customised feel, and stock flatlet look, like those horrible tiny houses being put up in London, and being used for Money Laundering schemes? Why constant spotlights in bedrooms, apart her than lamps, why so clean, when in reality, some grime and mess is the common case. Heartless modern builds are constantly steamrolled out everyday in the project section. I like modern, but why not have some charm. Some personalisation, and humanisation. Because of course, the sole purpose of houses is a place to call your castle.
The_Growl
Level 37 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/04/2016 2:34 am
The_Growl
I was more talking about the interior, I do like the clean exterior, just not the boring inside. Would you want to live in a place with stark white light, and greyscale everywhere you look?
10/03/2016 7:54 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
I both agree and disagree. The grayscale color theme is pretty common mostly due to the fact because it's most of the stuff that pops up when you google "modern." It's clean, and easy to make. I personally enjoy making modern houses with natural materials such as stone and wood, because it has a more moody feel to it, such as this:

My point is it's easier to make modern look clean. A good rustic modern build is difficult to plan and make.
10/03/2016 7:44 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
skygame12x
I think those colors just look better on modern. I mean, you wouldn't build a skyscraper out of green clay, would you? It could look good if you did it right but my point is white and gray look more modern.

The clean look is just something that looks more modern. While there probably are a lot of messy homes in real life, that doesn't mean it looks good. For some reason modern looks better cleaner.
10/03/2016 7:31 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I think gray and "bland" colors are used mostly because that looks modern. also depends on how you look of it, because the way i see it it gives off a clean and modern feel, instead of the normal charm you might get from another house. But in the end it's the builders decision, they can choose what colors they want
10/03/2016 3:04 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Maybe because they personally like that style and enjoy building it?
10/03/2016 4:31 pm
The_Growl
Perhaps so, but it very boring and generic.
10/03/2016 6:00 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
To you. Maybe, and there is nothing wrong with that. It does not necessarily to everyone though, tis the nature of subjectivity.

But one point that just occurred to me, which would maybe help explain why these projects are popular with certain people, is because these builds are "blank slates", the personalisation aspect is left down to whoever downloads the build and decides to play on it, the main structure is made but there is still room for the end user to have their own input and personalise it to their own likes, rather than those of the original builder.

It really depends if you see submissions as standalone works of art or as content to be taken and used by the community.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome