New map: NEED OPINIONS OF EVERY AND ANYONE

G-U-R-U's Avatar G-U-R-U6/23/15 2:31 pm
1 emeralds 178 2
6/24/2015 6:09 am
G-U-R-U's Avatar G-U-R-U
Be warned this is lengthy, if you want to skip to what im asking you head to "Factors" section. This post is constantly being updated so keep in check in case any new factors arise or i decide to close the voting for factors.

THE MAIN SUBJECT OF ALL THIS IS THE QUESTIONAIRE AT THE FACTORS SECTION. So answer it accordingly then add an overall opinion onto the end because i need to get the statistics of everyone opinion before making the map

After playing Across the Time i felt the need to create an adventure map because i love playing them, so i am taking in suggestions for many factors that go into the map

Hey guys i am currently quite a skilled redstoner/command block user and decided with all my skill i may as well make a map, so here i am.

MY BASIC OUTLINE

1) The person is exploring Islands after being swept up onto one following a plane crash
2) The aim is as yet undecided but i feel the urge to make it related to the nether/end
3) There is going to be a lot of decisive actions in the island so that each play through can be different
4) Its kept realistic (to an extent) meaning that no magic spell ect
5) Set in survival mode

WHAT I NEED THE PEOPLE TO SUGGEST

( after all i want a map that people will play because it has the features they want in it!)

1) Scale of Map/Island number
2) Interactive features of villagers/shops
3) Types of puzzles (e.g maze or multiple choice ect)
4) Whether or not to put in scary elements (like randomly appearing heads in and noises when going deep into the island)
5) A resource pack for the map yes/no
6) Currency system/Leveling system
Thats all i can think of right now but make sure to keep check on this section as it will grow in due time

FACTORS

1) Scale Of Map / Island Number

a) Structure scale: I personally want to build very large mountains/volcanoes and possible buildings but it might be "too much" for some people so please just say 1)a) Large or Normal depending on whether you want large or normal size structures

b) Map size: I want a absolutely huge map however some people's PC cant handle very large maps soif you want me to limit the size (not make it small, but limit the size by packing as much as i can into a space) then say 1)b) Limit or No Limit

c) Explorable Seascape: I dont want to put in this feature despite how good it is because its hassle to redstone underwater but if you want a explorable seascape with structures say 1)c) Explorable/NoExplorable (if there is +60% of people who want it then i will feature it)

d) Island Number: The idea for me was to have around 4 BIG islands that are joined (Think of pokemon!) and many sub-islands in the vicinity. If you want joined islands then say 1)d) Joined/Not Joined and if you want more,less or the same amount of islands then say 1)d) More/Less/4 Islands

2) INTERACTIVE FEATURES OF VILLAGERS/SHOPS

a) For quests should the villagers give books, talk or both? (If not sure what i mean by talk look up Across The Time game play on youtube) 2)a) Books/Talk/Both typed in your reply for your answer

b) Should i include random NPC's that dont have a purpose? 2)b) Yes/No for your choice Personally i feel it will add to the island but it might take up unnecessary space and make the world laggy

c) Outcast communities or just main communities. As in communities that are not linked to the main story but have a small storyline of their own however this would increase the lag in the world for some low end pc users. 2)c) Outcast/NoOutcast for your choice

d) Villager trading shops, automatic hopper shops or both? 2)d) Villager/Auto/Both for your choice

e) Power-up shops? (as in permanant haste or permanant jump boost for 50lvs ect) 2)e) Yes/no for your choice

3)TYPES OF PUZZLES

a) Maze/Labyrinth puzzles included? 3)a) Yes/no

b) Secret passageways/invisible door puzzles (where you have to go through walls that look solid but behind have levers ect) 3)b) Yes/no

c) Riddles or not? (because i feel they add a lot to playtime but some people don't like them) 3)c) Yes/no

d) Parkour IS going to be included, is this ok? 3)d) Yes/No

4)SCARY ELEMENTS

a) Should jump-scares be included? 4)a) Yes/no

b) Should i make a haunted graveyards? (When you step over/break grave a zombie appears on the grave ect) 4)b) Yes/no

5)RESOURCE PACK

a) Should i include a resource pack for textures? (I was thinking of including but i need a texture maker!) 5)a) Yes/No

b) Should i include a sound for music discs (as in playing real songs) 5)b) Yes/no

6) CURRENCY/LEVELING SYSTEM

a) I am going to include level specific missions (E.g only level 50-60 can do this mission) is this ok with you? 6)a) Yes/No

b) The currency is going to be emeralds, is this ok or could you suggest a better currency? 6)b) Emerlands/suggest a better currency with a description

c) Level Specific Items are going to be include (e.g a sword that only a level 40+ can wield) is the ok with you 6)c) Yes/No

MODEL ANSWER (if your stuck on what im asking you)

1)a) no limit
1)b) Yes
1)c) no... ect
G-U-R-U
Level 1 : New Miner