Do you still enjoy the Mojang videos?

ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser10/12/19 8:04 pm
10/14/2019 11:22 am
ChronoFury's Avatar ChronoFury
Hi gang,

So I just checked out the latest Mojang youtube video and honestly? It's the first for which I hit the dislike button. It's so cringy and dumb, not to mention basically a repeat of what they've done before and to add insult to injury: there was nothing in there which I didn't know. Worse yet: I think they just recited stuff which we all already knew.

I can't help but feel that Mojang suddenly seems to feel a need for quantity over quality where there videos are concerned.

And thus I figured..

See, youtube likes mean nothing, most tubers have a collection of followers who will like their posts no matter what. Then there's the other aspect of me not minding at all to share an opinion which might not be favored by everyone (or even a minority). That's what discussions are for.

As such... I felt like asking my all time favorite Minecraft forum (well... community actually, I stil think it's amazing to see how much stuff we can do here).

Poll ended 10/26/2019 8:04 pm.

ShelLuser
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/12/2019 8:37 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Sailor
tomatotownn
I'm sure it's intended for a much younger audience
10/12/2019 9:04 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
exactly.
10/13/2019 4:47 am
Level 25 : Expert Pirate
elektropunch
"See, youtube likes mean nothing"

Most things on YT these days mean nothing. Subscribers mean nothing. I have eleven subscribers and perhaps only two or three actually watch my videos, only two actually comment, one of which resides here on this forum NitroxNova

I used to ask people to comment, like, subscribe and share, I don't do it anymore. People don't like being told what to do and saturating a video with SUBSCRIBE PLZ just comes off as pushy and desperate. Imo.

Anyways, I do like Mojang's videos.
10/13/2019 7:11 am
Level 48 : Master Strawberry
memora
Honestly, I never watched them.
10/13/2019 9:09 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
Thonck
They're very cringy. I know their target audience is young children, but now that the game is popular again, even for older audiences, they really should consider turning down the cringe.
10/13/2019 9:18 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
LaPandaBlasee
Personally I really enjoyed the animation ones ! I thought they were really cute ! Never watched the others though.

Also I really doubt they are "cringy" they are just targeted for younger audiences.

edit: I watched the video and honestly I think it's fine... I really don't know why it bothered you that much lol
10/13/2019 9:27 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Crafter
___warabi
If you look at the channel as a whole, it's really obvious it's made for children/newer players (especially those videos like "10 things you didn't know" featuring facts that take 30 seconds to look up on the wiki), and that should be taken into mind before making a judgement.

However, even though I'm neither a young child or a new player, I don't hate their channel. Some of the videos they post are actually interesting, even if those videos are far and few in between.

But still I'd rather read the news articles on minecraft.net if I cared enough about an update or whatever
10/14/2019 12:39 am
Level 1 : New Miner
ChexA
Now, I didn't really watch the vids until this one and i think it was cringy af. i get that they are targeting at a younger audience, but Minecraft is becoming increasingly popular, so I think they should try to make there videos enjoyable for a larger variety of audiences.
10/14/2019 12:57 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Artist
kitteneyejo
i dont know what they were like "before", but i find them entertaining now
10/14/2019 11:22 amhistory
Level 26 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
Those fact videos list fairly obvious things that you can look up yourself using the Minecraft Wiki, but it's more about engaging their young target audience which the videos do well at.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome