Does Alternative Downloads Count Towards Downloads Total?

Epideme90's Avatar Epideme907/20/20 9:57 pm history
1 emeralds 267 5
7/23/2020 8:44 pm
Epideme90's Avatar Epideme90
Hi,

Quick yes or no question.
Does people using the alternative download links (which usually go to dropbox or mediafire etc.) count towards the total downloads you see in the submission gallery, or is it purely the 'download schematic' link that counts?

By the way, couldn't see a great section for where to post this, so mods feel free to move this to a better section if it should be elsewhere.

Thanks for any help!

UPDATE: Almost certainly DOES count both 'download schematic' and 'alternative download' links.
Epideme90
Level 33 : Artisan Strawberry

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/22/2020 11:11 pm
Level 49 : Master Procrastinator
Pixelgon
Probably yes.
07/23/2020 8:44 pmhistory
Epideme90
Squirrels (below) seems to think otherwise, so we have contrasting answers.

Decided to have an experiment, I downloaded one of my own schematics from the alternative download location and refreshed the page, it did not increment from 14 to 15. Though maybe me being logged in and it being my own schematic affects it. Or it just only updates the count every now and again.

That said, there are submissions on the front page, with ONLY the alternative download that count some amount of downloads, which is odd if it isn't counting them. And I checked multiple sources so it's unlikely to be one that had a schematic link there but since removed it.

The evidence for it does count externals downloads seems a bit more compelling to me, but i'm still unsure

UPDATE:
Nevermind, it has just incremented to 15. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't someone else since the download on it haven't changed in about 2 weeks. Seems it just takes 2 or 3 minutes to change. So I think it is correct, that it does count the alternative download link
07/21/2020 12:41 pm
Epideme90
Ace. Thanks for the answers.

PMG Help Forum sounds like the place for it. I did look in help, but somehow ended up at the Java Edition Help Forum by default. No idea why, maybe I was just careless and double clicked.
07/20/2020 11:13 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Batman
Squirrel
No, the download count on the webpage is from when you click download on the submission, so any external downloads won't be counted towards what the website counts.
07/20/2020 10:55 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Button Pusher
Mayonnaise2124
This may fit inside the PMC Help forum.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome